The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is This The Death of Internet Marketing?

goldline

I just got an email about Mike Filsaime's Free Report called - "The Death of Internet Marketing"

I will admit, like you may be feeling now, that I thought it was some hyped up offer to get me to join for free and get some offer...

...Turns out I was wrong. Way wrong.

The bottom line is, this report really opened my eyes to what really is the death of Internet marketing. The good news is, the report also shows you what you need to know to succeed in the near future.

The times are changing and I it would be a shame for anyone to not read this report and fail like many will.

I read it, and I wanted to share it with you ASAP.

I recommend you take a break from what ever it is you are doing if you can and get access to this report now.

Consider your future success Now.

Thanks,

PS - Mike says it will only be available for a few weeks at most so do not delay...

http://www.TheDeathofInternetMarketing.com

This PM I got from the moderator.

Your link to Death of Internet Marketing has been edited.

A direct link to it is now in place. It looked as if you were using an affiliate link in your original post which is against the rules.

Since this could offer information that is of interest the post has been allowed to remain with the edited link.

I don't mind the moderators removing the link to my affiliate, but does it really make sense when the owner of the report wants those who bring it to attention of others earn $1 for the efforts. I think this what the author intended that and not to send people to his adm page. In addition, I think that this report helps a lot of people who read it and that is why we post in the forums to help others with ideas but if I can earn from that so be it. I think the rules need to be flexible and allow affiliate to links that add value to members of the forum.

As Administrator for this community I am involved in the policy making, rules and the important decisions. I was the one who sent you that private message. I try to handle situations like that in private because so many people have told me they like it so much more when such things are done in private rather than in public. I'll comment on this and the owner will also probably have some comments.

The first thing you need to remember is how serious spam is. We do our very best to keep as much of it out of here as possible. We get a lot of it, but most members don't see much of it since we keep it under control.

I know of some communities where what you posted would have been considered as spam. Your post would have been deleted and you would have been banned. That isn't what was done here.

When a person joins a forum, one of the first things they should do is read the rules. The forum decides on what rules it wants and those are the rules that apply to all of the members. Even if the member doesn't read the rules, the rules are there and the rules should be applied. It is that way with this community as well as others.

Here are a couple of line from our rules:
? Please make sure that you are posting for the good of the community, not just for the sake of self-promotion
? Please refrain from posting affiliate links and press releases in our forums.
It clearly says that you should not post affiliate links. Since the rules state that you should refrain from posting affiliate links you should not have made a post containing an affiliate link. It is against the rules. Here is a link to the rules http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/announcement.php?f=4

You posted in the General Topics Affiliate Forum which also contains this brief statement:
NO ADS, affiliate links or self promotion in any discussion forums!
Again members are told not to use any affiliate links.

5 Star does make it possible for you to do what you are wanting to do. There are a couple of ways in which you could do it that are provided for in the rules. We just want people to follow the rules. This community gives people a lot more opportunity to promote and sell than a lot do. All we want is for people to do it according to the rules.

We allow signatures. You are allowed to have affiliate links in your signature. So if members have an affiliate link they can place it in their signature. But that doesn't mean a person can do a lot of promoting in their post and then tell people to check their signature. The signature is there and people will see it.

We also have an Ads and Offers Forum where people can advertise and use signature links. But it still has some rules. All ads are reviewed before they are displayed in that forum. You wanted to place an ad in this forum. It wasn't displayed because you don't meet the requirements of the rules for that forum, which are as follows:
Must have 20 posts, been a member for 60 days and be a member in good standing to advertise here. This is the only place ads or 2nd tier affiliate links are allowed. NO GAMBLING, RX, ADULT, ACTIVE X, MLM or Drive-By-SPAM allowed. No more than one ad every 30 days allowed.
Members who meet those requirements can post their ads in that forum, complete with affiliate links. But the important thing to remember is that people who visit that forum are fully aware that they are seeing advertising. After all, the name of the forum is Ads and Offers Forum.

So often people who are advertising try to make it look as if they aren't advertising and are just trying to do something nice to help people.

Another member had a post a few hours after yours for the same thing you did. It was very short. It read like this and was followed by the affiliate link:
I found a great free reference to internet marketing and thought i would share it!
That isn't being truthful. The person wanted to post it in order to try to earn a commission and violate our rules in the process.

Your post also tries to give the impression that you are just trying to help people by making some information available to them and that you have no other purpose in mind, when in fact you are posting to try to earn a commission.

Another very important fact is that there are a lot of very experienced people who are 5 Star members. There are a lot of smart people among our membership. They know what these things are when they see them. The thing you are most likely to do is upset many of them for violating the rules and they would complain to us if we didn't do something about it. Members do complain and report rules violations if they happen to see it before we catch it. They know the rules, they follow the rules and they expect other members to do the same.

Yes people do post in these forums to give people ideas and to be helpful. But people must not violate the rules in the process or possibly try to fool people. Many people post something that is done just to help others and they get no personal gain from doing it.

What was done with your post has been done with others in the past who had affiliate links in a post that was related to something that could be of benefit to our members. The affiliate link is removed and the information is left so our members can check into it if they wish since the affiliate link should not have been there in the first place. However other options are available since suchs posts are in violation of the rules.

People can link to sources that are useful to the members. I have a forum here at 5 Star in which I do that on a regular basis. I also link to this which makes it 100% clear that I'm not doing it for my personal benefit http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showpost.php?p=8271&postcount=6

Here is one important portion from that:
I want to be objective as well as being viewed as being objective. It is not as easy to be objective, or be seen as being objective, when writing about something that could benefit the writer.
This relates to this issue in that when people are linking to something that contains their affiliate link they might not always be trying to be helpful to the members. In some cases they are doing it for their financial gain.

The rules are flexible enough to allow members to link to something of value to members. Just make certain it isn't something with an affiliate link. The affiliate links can be used in the signature and in the Ads and Offers Forum.

No Harm No Foul

Actually, the first post is a canned letter created by Mike Filsaime to hype his new project. So, it's not really of significant value either.

If I'd seen it first, I would have deleted it. So, the Admin was very gracious in leaving it and changing the link out for you.

Moderators are allowed to post with an affiliate link once in a while, but we've earned it. You notice although I too am an affiliate for Mike Filsaime, even I didn't post that here. Mike meant that letter to go out to your email list, not to other people's forums.

Don't be bummed that your link got pulled. We've all made errors when posting to forums. Admins are there to help us keep a 5 Star standard for this forum. So, stick around and contribute a lot to the forum to help others and maybe you too will be invited to be a Mod one day. It's worth it!

Just to clarify. I wasn't talking about the sales pitch being of value. I was talking about the report being of possible value and leaving the link that would make it possible to obtain the report.

This is something that has been done since the 5 Star forums began with situations similar to this.

Hi Goldline,

I'm the owner of the forum and am sorry about how you feel but Larwee not only did the right thing, he went WAY beyond the call of duty to contact you privately and post the long detailed explanation he did.

Most forums would have just deleted it and many would have banned you.

Everything Larwee and AffiliateGuild said above is correct.

The important point is if we let one affiliate link slip by then everyone will start doing it. Many will argue "my reports really good too how come I can't add my affiliate link like he did?"

Then the spammers converge like vultures and the forum turns into a spam can.
The valuable posters and discussions die out
and 5 Star turns into an ad wasteland no one wants to read.

We all have years of experience at this and have seen it happen over and over. I want my VERY knowledgeable mods and Administrator to have time to research news and bring valuable ideas here for the members to discuss and benefit from, instead of spending all their time deleting spam.

The other problem is reports like that are everywhere and are always trying to sell something in the end or build up the maker's list. Anyone that's interested can easily get it and most have probably seen it a dozen times already if they are on any lists and are SICK of it!

Larry WAS extremely gracious to leave it up. Sorry you didn't get a buck.

Sorry to interrupt but I wanted to get back on topic a little here. Has anyone read this e-book? Is it worth downloading a reading or is just a bunch of hype?

Saw Mike talk a few months ago and was actually pleasantly surprised - have a lot more time for him now.

It is definitely not the death of internet marketing. It was just a mike filsaime marketing ploy to catch everyone's attention.

banners
Back