The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Is this possible with cookies?

mineallmine

affiliate
I am thinking about joining a new affiliate program, but the only problem is, they don't use cookies. The way it works is that when a customer decides to signup they have to enter my affiliate number (this is not good at all) on one of the signup pages.

Is there anyway to pass a cookie to users from my website that will automatically fill the necessary form field on the site I'm thinking about becoming an affiliate of?

If not is there anyway to go about doing this?

Thanks,
Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Welcome to 5 Star and thanks for starting off with a great question.

This sounds like a bad deal. Most people aren't good about entering who referred them and many won't remember or won't bother to answer. Isn't there a REAL affiliate program you could partner with that offers the same products.

I'm not all that technical but don't know of any way to pass the cookie. It needs to be created by and on the merchant site I think.

Linda is right... unless you can find a way to pre-populate the text field where your affiliate ID goes, you're out of luck. And, even then, a lot of folks will clear that field before they complete the signup, purchase, whatever.

banners
Back