The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is this an amazon affilitiate scam

wonderland

affiliate
Not sure where to post this. Been using ppc to get traffic to our ecomerce site, been noticing that on the map overlay in google analytics the top exit page is where are web designer has a link to his site 50% of the exits from the site leave through his link. His site is a web design site which has an amazon affiliate store selling memory cards etc. There are no keywords or anything in his site about memory cards etc. Any ideas of whats going on or ideas of where to post this???

Cheers

This seems like the right place to post.

Like you I would be concerned about whats happening.

Difficult to be sure how any possible scam might work though. If the clicks on ads to your site were originating from the same IP address your account might be suspended. If this has not happened then either perhaps a) there is some sort of IP cloaking going on or b) the legitimate traffic is finding your designers link very attractive, for some reason.

What is your site about - is it related to the topic of the link to your designers site?

If people are clicking on your, lets say Google Ad, that says "Buy Low cost laptops here", then they are obviously looking for laptops, so why would this link to a web design site be so attractive?

I really don't know, but could one explanation be that it is just a freak anomaly based on only a relatively few visits???? Could it be the designer typing in the URL of your site and then clicking on their own link repeatedly, to test it??

I'd be interested to know what you think..................

MI
Back