The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is the "Wealthy Affiliate" Forum any good?

Linda,

I can vouch that Anik is a really nice guy.

I spoke to him at great length last Thursday and it was really cool to share ideas and so on......

It appears that I am to be in one of the issues in the very near future of the online magazine that AC has (I think it is a very sharp-looking publication), so I was excited to say the least to have spoken to him.........

Anyway, AC does have a step by step program to take you through the whole process. It is where I got my start in Internet Marketing.

I don't know much about WA, but positive feedback from others is always a good sign.

Jack

Good to hear about your great experience with Affiliate Classroom.
Yep Anik is great. Whenever he has a new biz idea or thinks about
a change he calls me for feedback so we talk fairly often.

Coolio on being in the magazine. You'll be a STAR! :)

The Wealthy Affiliate membership site is definitely worth the money.

Colleen

Perhaps I'll ask a question regarding WA in another angle.

Who have joined WA and is profiting (on average how much monthly) by using the stuff taught in WA?

P.S. Not how much earned via promoting WA.

Doing a little research I came upon this thread in the search engines and decided to take a read through it.

The original question posted - Is the "Wealthy Affiliate" forum any good?

Just to update Wealthy Affiliate has gone from WA 2.0 to Wealthy Affiliate 3.0 in 2008 and the interface is more user friendly and customizable.

In response to the poster above, Wealthy Affiliate is not a site where the main goal is to promote WA but to become a much better marketer in all areas of marketing.

In fact, more people make more money with Clickbank, CJ and other independent affiliate programs than they do promoting Wealthy Affiliate itself.

I've been a member for just over 12 months now and I'm enjoying moderate success and I'm still a very satisfied member of the community.

The WA forum is better than ever now than it was 9 months ago when this question was originally posted and its getting better as more resources are added.

Best of luck with your marketing in 2008.

Jay

I don't know, I think there's a lot of "training" out there, some good some not so great. I think you can learn a lot by actually "doing" as well.

I was a member of WA for a month. I actually signed up to try out site rubix. I was pretty disappointed. I've found most of the stuff the teach you for free all over the net. Seemed like a waste of money to me.

But hey, to each his own, right?

Sheree

Ah, the to-do list. So many great ideas, so many things to do, never enough time. Sometimes, during a site launch or some other such big campaign, I literally forget to sleep.

Here's hoping you get a lot of checks on that list of yours Linda,

Sheree

When I finally decided to go at this marketing 100% I also decided I needed good solid education and training. I also knew I needed to connect with other marketers.

I joined Wealthy Affiliate 3 weeks ago. I feel it is well worth the monthly investment. The training is quality and I feel the reinforce the things we need to focus on. The Forum is lively and many good helpful posts. Not just a bunch of whining I have seen before.

I also like that Kyle and Carson are personally involved and are approachable. The icing on the cake is the menu of free resources available.

I also checked out Affiliate Classroom as well with the $1 trial. The training there is also first class. I love the AC interviews and case studies. The forum is not very active but what is there is good. I really love the AC Magazine. That is something I would gladly pay for.

In my view WA is an Aloha shirt site and AC is a polo shirt or arrow shirt site. Both are quality and offer plenty of value. They can compliment each other or you can choose which fits your style and personality the best.

Darwin

I was a member of WA for about a year. I found that I got so caught up in being a member that I didn't use my time wisely to actually do my marketing.

In hind site, I would not recommend it, especially if you are already here. There are plenty, of folks in this forum that would be happy to share their knowledge.
Save your money and learn from the pro's!

Denise

Funny you should say "learn from the pro's!"

Kyle and Carson are millionaires and highly respected marketers who have a proven track record. They are also the authors of Beating Adwords, Inside The List and Who Loves Money. Who more qualified to learn from than them?

Have you heard of Bum Marketing? Thats Travis Sago, who's also on Wealthy Affiliate.

If you're saying save your money thats cool. But if you want to learn from the pros then its the first time I'm gonna say it on this thread - Join Wealthy Affiliate.

By the way Linda...did you sign up to check things out? How'd it go?

Jay

Hi Jay,

Nope not yet. I've got so many other things on my plate, I just never have time.
I'm just more curious than anything so it's not a big priority.

:eek:
Why pay, is what I'm saying. You've got some really successfu wealthy affiliates here, who have nothing to gain. These are the pro's I'm talking about.
I get it though. You love WA and your passionate about spreading the word. Thats cool. :)

Just an observation on this friendly debate. That this forum and forums like this are populated with pros is maybe one of the problems for newbies. I feel some people feel intimidated or that they have nothing to offer so they introduce themself, read many posts then fade away.

Many people "newbies" might feel more comfortable in a paid site like WA or AC because they are billed as Learning Sites. The newbies more comfortable because they are not expected to know much. They are there to learn and be taught.

This forum I have felt welcome from post one. I appreciate the community and selfless sharing here. But from a newbie's perspective I have been to forums where I felt newbies were ignored, tolerated and targets of marketing.

Just my view and observations.:cool:

Darwin

Darwin, that is one of the reasons we have the Newbie Affiliate Forum here at 5 Star Affiliate Marketing Forums. It makes it obvious to newbies that we do have a place for them to ask newbie type questions, and shows them that they are welcome here.

There is a good mixture here. You will find everyone from those just getting started to the very experienced and a lot in between.

Newbies are encouraged to ask questions and made to feel welcome. They certainly are not ignored and they aren't targets of marketing since we aren't selling anything and we don't allow our members to do any selling in any of the discussion forums.

One of the problems that often happens is some have been to the wrong places before they arrived here and read some of the wrong ebooks before arriving. Some are under the false impression that everything is going to be easy and that they are going to become rich very quickly while doing almost nothing. They want to believe that because that is what they have seen and heard from some of those who are selling get rich quick junk.

Some of those people give up too quickly when they find out that it isn't as easy as they think. Some don't want to believe the truth because the lies sound so much better. But some are willing to learn how to do things the right way and many of them have been able to achieve their goals as a result.

Newbies can learn in free forums when they are treated right, when there is lots of helpful information, when there are members who are willing to give helpful answers and when members are not allowed to make posts trying to sell to newbies for their own selfish financial rewards.

Larwee, I agree with everything you said.

This is a great forum and learning platform. I appreciate all the work Linda and the moderators do to provide value and a quality forum. It's great the "pros" here share their experience and knowledge.

I have learned more in the past couple of weeks than in the last 18 months before that. I plan to make a home here.

Darwin

Larwee, I totally agree with you.
To be honest and unbiased review.. I am a former AC students and now currently in WA as a member.

Honestly, I am not here to promote WA or AC.
Frankly speaking, I joined AC for 3 months then I quit... I didn't make any good decent income with AC but when I joined WA 2 months ago...I have learned a lot of good stuff in the forum.

BUT...not everyone are willing to tell you from A, B to ...Z. The reason is.. We need to know A to B.. then from C to Z we have to build our own.

AC or WA are totally in different marketing technique ... I can't recall back what AC marketing technique but for WA, there are totally in PPC marketing.

So...my perception is... there is no 100% perfect affiliate marketing coaching, it is depends whether the method is suitable for us or not.

To be sincere, I personally do not prefer anything paid marketing like PPC because I want to learn free marketing.. learn from scratch...

That's my own perception.. ;)
There is no right or wrong.. only we give our best

Read this very carefully newbies

An affiliate marketing training program is only as good as the person using it.

I think that there is a lot of really useful free information available here at this forum that if implemented can make you a decent income.

If anyone that has access to the information here has not managed to read the information, which is free and implement it, i wonder what good a $30 or $500 or whatever number of dollars program will do them.

banners
Back