The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is landing page compulsory?

cyruschoong

affiliate
Hi, I am looking forward in trying out PPC, I'm very new to this game.

I know in PPV, we have to pay a lot attention on landing page, as that is where our visitor first land.
But how does landing page will affect in PPC?

I read Adword policy, they state that we cannot link to page that provide no value but just link to another site again.
I think they call this "doorway" or something~

So generally, how does this PPC workout?
Will it work by just direct linking all the time?
Is it ok to just focus on ad copy and keyword?
Or are there any other element we have to focus on?

Its all about testing, i would start with direct linking but don't use Adwords, google doesn't really like affiliates. maybe start on 7Search or Bing. Once you have something profitable then mess around with landing pages - you want something simple that pre sells your offer with a strong call to action.

Hi, I am looking forward in trying out PPC, I'm very new to this game.

I know in PPV, we have to pay a lot attention on landing page, as that is where our visitor first land.
But how does landing page will affect in PPC?

I read Adword policy, they state that we cannot link to page that provide no value but just link to another site again.
I think they call this "doorway" or something~

So generally, how does this PPC workout?
Will it work by just direct linking all the time?
Is it ok to just focus on ad copy and keyword?
Or are there any other element we have to focus on?

Every paid search platform has it's own guidelines on what provides a "quality user experience"...be sure to do your research before launching your offers. In general, if you are building a landing page, be sure to provide some relevant content that a visitor can use. Landing pages that only provide links or banners will normally only give you headaches if you are trying to pay to advertise them. Google won't take them. Bing will likely flag them. We will limit the types of keywords you can use as links are not considered content (so they do not factor into the relevancy equation).

Best of luck,

Cleo
7SearchGuys

MI
Back