The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is CPA/Affiliate marketing a lifetime business/job?

Dario

I saw this question on few other forums and I wanted to hear your opinion.
Where do you see this industry in the next 10 years?

One of the things I love about this industry is that it's constantly changing. I've heard people compare it to a rollercoaster and I think that's a good comparison not only because it's ever changing, but because sometimes it makes you want to throw up :)

You have to stay up with the latest changes to be able to make any money. Facebook Ads, mobile traffic, and most of the traffic sources we use today didn't even exist 10 years ago. I have absolutely no idea what the industry is going to look like in 10 years, but I'm confident I'll still be sitting here making every effort to make my next dollar...or bitcoin. We'll see :)

I'd say that interconnection is fast-moving today and will only increase its speed as years go by. It's good for affiliate business - the competition grows which mean the industry will evolve. I can't hardly imagine, how exactly it will look in 10-years time, but it will certainly be pretty much different.
And that's why it can hardly be a lifetime carrier - people tend to stick to stability with age. Affiliate business defies stability, so for most successful affiliates it will just be, hopefully, a path to establishing a stable and safe future.

I have been a network owner for 4 years now and it changes a lot. This is my full time job even though i have other projects in the work that are charity related including opening up a charity group organization for people who are in late stage cancer. This is one of my bigger goals that i hope to have up and running before 2016.

To put it simply - affiliate marketing is as stable as a nuclear reactor(notice "affiliate" is in bold).

But now, what is marketing? Marketing is the act of promoting a product to consumers for a product holders benefit whether the product holder is yourself or a company your working for.
Marketing and advertising can be swapped out as they're basically the same thing. Now how long has advertising been around? Advertising has been around ever since any sort of product has been around, which I'd imagine would date back to the beginning of time as all it would take is three people. Person a wants what person b has and person c promotes whatever person b has to person a.

As long as a consumer wants something, there will always be advertising. Now affiliate marketing is basically an affordable way for companies to outsource their advertising in a cost effective manner as any advertiser that uses any sort of Cost Per Action advertising is only paying for results as compared to spending thousands of dollars on a TV ad or a billboard or any other sort of "mass" marketing that would be a shotgun approach so to speak. The publishers(affiliates) are the ones who do the testing to see what works and what doesn't.

The only thing that will change for marketing is how the traffic is being generated, but the basic concept of marketing will not change, and as far as it being online - that will only change if there is a better way to reach the end users in the future. As a decade ago, 90% of homes had dial-up internet. Now finding someone who has dial-up is like finding someone who doesn't know what the internet is. As a few years back, the "hot ticket" was Acai, Garcinia had it's run, now a good focus is towards mobile, In the next few years - there's no telling what the hot ticket will be as far as a product or a method to obtain traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am pretty confident in saying that affiliate marketing will be around in 10 years. Wherever there is opportunity to advertise, we will be there! Hard to say how it will work in that day in age though, as it is an ever-changing industry. Think about mobile, for example. We really just started hitting this hard in the past couple years. When I started in this industry nearly 5 years ago, I could count on one hand the number of networks I knew that even carried mobile offers. Now, there is huge competition. This industry evolves, and it does so very well.

banners
Back