The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is .CO Domain Good For SEO?

Dead Pool

affiliate
What I like to know is there any effect on a search engine if I use.CO domain? I didn't find my desire.COM domain name then what TLD's should I choose which is better for SEO?

The extension of the URL does not matter a lot when it comes to SEO. All you need to be concerned with is to make sure that all the webpages of your websites are optimized. It also about how active your website is. be sure to share it widely and have images that conform to the standards of SEO. With that you will be good to go.

Hey Dead Pool,

As Dr Forum said, don't worry about the extension, they have little to no incidence at all for your SEO.
It's more for branding than anything else.

Good luck ;)

There is a little influence of the Top Level Domain TLD for the SERPs. ".co" is a very good one, because Google considers it as a gccTLD, a generic country code TLD.
A bit complicated, but if you wanna know more about that, please continue reading here
List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
+ a short explanation for the gccTLDs here (incl. .co) GccTLD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There comes another influence into play with the different country languages.
It makes no sense at all, e.g. to set up a blog in Italian, but to use the .fr France TLD for it. Google will rank you worse, and that in both countries: in Italy, because you've a French domain, and in France, because your website language is Italian and therefore makes no sense in the French SERPs.

This topic is not as well known only because the vast majority here is English speaking and therefore basically assumes the .com domains!

Hope this was halfway understandable and helpful ;)

There is a little influence of the Top Level Domain TLD for the SERPs. ".co" is a very good one, because Google considers it as a gccTLD, a generic country code TLD.
A bit complicated, but if you wanna know more about that, please continue reading here
List of Internet top-level domains - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
+ a short explanation for the gccTLDs here (incl. .co) GccTLD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There comes another influence into play with the different country languages.
It makes no sense at all, e.g. to set up a blog in Italian, but to use the .fr France TLD for it. Google will rank you worse, and that in both countries: in Italy, because you've a French domain, and in France, because your website language is Italian and therefore makes no sense in the French SERPs.

This topic is not as well known only because the vast majority here is English speaking and therefore basically assumes the .com domains!

Hope this was halfway understandable and helpful ;)
According to your discussion it assumes that If I emphasize on local SEO, I have to take care of local TLD. As my previous experience suggest everyone love to targeted Tire1 countries. It's quite difficult to get the local TLD of tire1 countries. So for a global reason what do you think which one is best .co or .com for SEO purpose.

Tire1 countries? :confused: Do you mean countries in which Bridgestone and Michelin are getting produced? Or do you mean Formula 1 countries? [Sorry, I simply couldn't resist :rolleyes:]

Haven't I given you links to two articles in which you would have found the answers to your questions, if you'd read them? ;)

But again an example - back to your tires :): If the domain tires[.]com is already assigned, some companies simply jump on tires[.]io or tires[.]ws, because these country-code-domains are considered by Google also as generic TLDs ;)

Savage,haha.

For any domain you can do SEO. Quality of work is important for SEO. Follow white hat seo to improve keyword rankings.
It is very true that the content of the website matter a lot when it comes to optimization. Make sure that the content that we generate is of high quality and has several keywords if we want to really achieve better page ranking. Sometimes we struggle with other shortcut methods of improving the ranking without really acknowledging that the content that we have is the bigger problem. It is an are that we need to highly improve if we are hoping to have our websites on the first page of google.

Yes, if we search on google most of the times we may see that almost all of the websites on google search results with .com extensions. But it is not required to take .com domain all the time to get top rank in google or seo. But google prefer to top rank with .com, .org and .net extensions.

Off-course Co-domain is not affected the SEO. If you are performing well in SEO domain doesn't matter anywhere. Domain is not so major checked factor but you have to be good with URL .

Thanks, everyone regarding TLD issue for SEO. It seems like TLD's doesn't have great impact on SEO unless the branding issue.

MI
Back