The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Is CB a good source to start with?

senza

affiliate
Hi! I'm tottaly new in this IM world, so I'd like to know if you would choose CB as your first affiliate site... and also i'll like to share my first "strategy" to know if it's good or not

1 - Do a research to find a market
2 - Keyword research to find a hot product in that market
3 - Setup my site and domain with the keyword research
4 - Write content (2-3 days one article)
5 - Backlinks
6 - Wait and see track the traffic (How can i track the traffic?)

By CB do you mean ClickBank.com?

If so I'd definitely recommend giving it a shot. It's particularly good for what you want to do (promoting through niche content websites).

I particularly love the high commissions that you get with ClickBank... since all of the products are digital a 50%-75% commission is extremely common.

Your strategy is pretty much the same one that I use and I can definitely vouch for it's effectiveness. Make sure that you put some decent effort into researching your keywords because choosing the right niche and keywords can make the different between success and failure!

As for tracking your traffic most web hosts will have an in built stats program (like AWStats) that will tell you how many visitors your website is getting and things like what country they are from and what keywords they are searching to find your website. If your webhost doesn't have tracking you can use a free service like Google Analytics or Piwik.

Clickbank also has good built in anaytics so that you can see how well your traffic if converting into sales!

I started with a Clickbank product and my own page. It is not a bad way to start, but the problem is you will likely wait a few months before seeing some real results. It took me ~2 months to get my first sale.

Marketing trough Yahoo Answers has brought me some sales quicker. I imagine sources like Youtube, Scribd and any other high authority sites could work just as well.

As for tracking stats, I use Google Analytics, I don't think you need anything else when starting out.

If you are using wordpress the you can use statpress to track traffic. Also while searching for CB products it would be a great idea if you search for products between 50 to 100 gravity, this excludes the IM niche rest every niche follow that simple rule. In this way you will get to know the product where affiliates are promoting the product but not very fierce competition is there. If you plan to use IM niche product then go for the latest launch products.

Write up a free report(or outsource it) and put it on your page. Make sure it's a good quality one related to your targeted niche and start building your list.

CB is great if you have traffic. Creating review website for low competition products is a good way to promote CB product.

MI
Back