The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Is anyone using Omnistar affiliate or Jam software?

Rob85

affiliate
I'm looking for an affiliate program software. I've narrowed it down to these two. I've seen that post affiliate pro and idev are recommended here but I really don't like them.

Ominstar looks nice but I can't find much feedback about it. Jam also looks good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rob,

I have not heard any feedback lately on what the best options are but awhile back I did hear good things about JAM. Have not heard of the other one, sorry.
Anyone else?

Thanks

Jam looks good and I like that its free until until you have more than 50 affiliates. But theres a few things worrying me; it looks like all their focus seems to be on their complete ecommerce program JEM, they haven't updated JAM in a while, it looks old and they don't seem to be giving users much support in their forum. I sent them an email a few days ago and put a post in the forum and I haven't received a reply yet. Also its not an open source product.

Omnistar looks great and its fairly cheap. I can't seem to find much feedback about it.

My main concern is that i'll pick a program and then in a few months time it won't be able to do something I need it to. Changing affiliate software isn't that easy.

You're right. Switching is not easy at all and affiliates get upset when they have to swap out all their links.

You have some good points for concern with both it sounds like.

Here's one of the other big issues to consider though. When affiliates join Indie programs and each has a separate log in, and every merchant is using some different program they've never used before it's a time suck for them and cuts into their productivity.

Imagine if every person that emailed you used a different Word processing program instead of word and you had to learn each program and use a different program every time you replied to someone's email. Would be a pain right??? That's what it's like for affiliates to log in and out and use different programs each with a different interface, multiple times per day.

That's why I suggest when possible using one of the more popular programs, assuming most active affiliates have probably used it before and are already comfortable with it.

Also with an unknown software program they've never used or maybe have never even hear of before there is a trust issue. Will it work? Does it track effectively?

Knowing everything I know about the biz, if I were to ever launch an affiliate program I would never use stand alone software for all the reasons above. It'd go with Shareasale for many, many reasons.

What type of product do you sell? (In general, not specifics)

I'm aware of this, I've been a full time affiliate for about 5 years, I currently send traffic to around 40 sponsors.

This isn't my product that i'm selling so using a network isn't an option. My friend is launching a premium fashion brand in the UK. I'm setting up an affiliate program and putting his product in it, i'll get a percent of all the affiliate sales.

If the program grows I can obviously have a custom script made. For now I need an off the shelf program that works.

MI
Back