propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Introduction - Hey!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by thoffman, Oct 18, 2013.

1. thoffman

thoffman Affiliate affiliate

Hey All! I'm new to affiliate marketing. In my day job I'm a web developer - I make everything from websites to custom console applications. When I come home from my job - that's when the real work begins.

I've spent the last month or so preparing. Reading through blog archives, forum posts, free ebooks. I haven't spent a dime on my education - yet. I've considered paid forums. But I don't think I need more information at this point. I need action! When you do something you find out what information is valuable and what isn't - fast.

I've reached the conclusion that POF should be my first traffic source. Not just use. Master. I'm not letting myself jump around. Once I'm consistently able to generate profitable campaigns, then I can start exploring new opportunities. I think POF is one of the best ways to learn the fundamentals of paid advertising.

I think mobile advertising is the future. And eventually that's where i want to go.

I've set up my tracking sever (p202). And this week have launched my first campaign on POF. Tracking has proven invaluable already. The ads that I thought would do well - haven't . And the ones I didn't think would do well - have. Maybe that's because I'm a young man advertising to old women - haha. I haven't gotten a conversion. But I know I will.

I have the budget. I have the time. I have the hunger. I just have to stay the course.

Thanks K for making this community, it's pretty great so far. I hope I can get to a point where I can give back"to the community through the knowledge I acquire.

1 person likes this.
  2. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

No problem, it's great to see and have you here!

3. KSixJeremy

KSixJeremy Moderator moderator Affiliate Manager affiliate

Great post. Welcome to the forum!

4. operationoffers

operationoffers Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

You have the right mindset. you need to have that or you will drift. POF is a decent traffic source and it good for dating offers obviously. You need to master one source at a time but don't lag too long one on source. You want to have a good mix of paid and free

5. btmdario

btmdario Moderator moderator Affiliate Manager affiliate

Welcome and I hope you`ll be stay at forum for long time!

6. thoffman

thoffman Affiliate affiliate

Thank you all for the welcome.

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed