The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Instantly check if name is available on 550+ social networks!

smilodon

I will present a awesome site that lets you check if your desired name is available on over 575 social networks. This is great in order to secure the same keywords on these sites that you are using on your domain, and gain some extra link juice for that KW. Or if you are choosing a new domain to register, consult this site before you register the domain. Maybe a slightly worse KW might be worth it, if much more social sites are available with the exact name.

These include blogging platforms (blogger, wp), social bookmarking sites (squidoo, delicius ...), social networking (LinkedIn), sites and many, many more. They will even sign you up and set your profile on those sites (but this feature requires a subscription).

According to them, the 25 most popular sites are myspace, digg, delicious, twitter, stubleapon, youtube, flickr, squidoo, livejournal, tumblr., slideshare, last.fm, linkedin, blogger, disqus, friendfeed, typepad, wordpress, dailymotion, posterous, reddit, facebook, foursquare, yelp, hi5.

These should give you a taste of variety of social sites on which you can instantly check if your brand name is available, and you can register your desired name on those platforms before someone else does.

They also show which domain extensions are free with your desired name (.com .net .org and so many others).

What I found very interesting is to see who else uses the same business name by searching the trademark database.

Anyways, the site is http://knowem.com/

Have fun ;)

Re: Instantly check if name is available on 550+ social networks

Great little find mate. Nicely put together - time to get searching :)

Saw this a while back, and I've been using it a lot. I would really stress the importance of building these properties out with quality content, internal seo, etc.

Brilliant tool, I was amazed with the Heart Internet service that searched the top 10 or something but this is great. Top find!

MI
Back