The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Instagram Hashtag Research

madmike

affiliate
Hey guys,

Ive been into CPA/PPI marketing on instagram for about 1½ years.

Back in the days the most popular hashtags (that people browsed manually) were tags like kik, snapchat, etc.. Mostly because they were full of adult crap. But it got good traffic. Now they are banned.

So now days, what hashtags do people browse? Manually that is.

Any tip will be gratefull.

Hope something here helps:

Search Instagram users and hashtags
instagram Hashtag
Top Hashtags on Instagram (think this is what you're looking for)
Hashtagify Popular Hashtags: Global Top 30

This one is for Twitter....think the site offers other social platforms but not IG.
Search 11,000,000+ hashtags | RiteTag

Found this in an article on The Marketing Tech Blog:
  • On Instagram, you just need to type the hashtag and Instagram will instantly recommend trending tags along with their post counts. Add the hashtags that are all relevant and have a solid count.

Thanks alot guys for the answer, but in my experience, top hashtags (wich has many pictures) aint always the ones beeing browsed manually. I doubt alot of ppl sit and browse all the follow hashtags for example. U get me? We need to find the tags beeing browsed manually.

Thanks alot guys for the answer, but in my experience, top hashtags (wich has many pictures) aint always the ones beeing browsed manually. I doubt alot of ppl sit and browse all the follow hashtags for example. U get me? We need to find the tags beeing browsed manually.

Ohhhhhhh! Gotcha now. Unfortunately, I don't have an answer, though. How would IG know if a hashtag was being sought manually or not? I mean, would they know bot searching vs manual?

Edit: I just went and had a look at Top Hashtags on IG (link in an earlier post above) and checked the right sidebar (scroll down a bit). That might be closer to what you're looking for. Those tags sound more natural and I think the numbers beside them indicate how many posts for that topic. Could be an indicator of a tag's popularity.

Keyword Searching vs. Hashtag Searching
Keyword and Hashtags: Do You Know the Difference?

Last edited:
Umm....I just did a little experiment. I did a G search for one of the hashtags (with the #) I use....got 483,000 results. So, went into G's keyword planner and guess what? It returns search volume when you input a hashtag. Easy-peasy.

In my case, the good news was that I held the 3rd and 4th spot. Bad news, low search volume for that particular hashtag. :(

It had never occurred to me to look outside of the social platforms, thanks for bringing up this topic!

Umm....I just did a little experiment. I did a G search for one of the hashtags (with the #) I use....got 483,000 results. So, went into G's keyword planner and guess what? It returns search volume when you input a hashtag. Easy-peasy.

In my case, the good news was that I held the 3rd and 4th spot. Bad news, low search volume for that particular hashtag. :(

It had never occurred to me to look outside of the social platforms, thanks for bringing up this topic!

How do you mean? You searched for the hashtag in what keyword planner? This might be it! Thank you mate!

How do you mean? You searched for the hashtag in what keyword planner? This might be it! Thank you mate!

You're welcome. :)

I searched in the Google keyword tool/planner: Google AdWords: Keyword Planner

I imagine that you could use any search engine keyword tool, though G is the only one I tried.

Remember to put the # in front of your keyword when you search.

banners
Back