The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Imroving "inner"page rank

M

midlandi

Whats the best way to improve "inner" page rank.
For example my sites a pr4 but most pages are pr0?
Or does it in fact matter at all,and does it affect the overall rating of the site?

I think the best way to improve inner pages rank is to have direct link from the index page to the sub pages, not only will it increase PR, it will also make navigtion easy for you users.

An interesting video I watched a few days back pointed out some flaws in passing variables via the URL. Obviously this isn't something that can be avoided very often, but using mod_rewrite fixes the problem. What his tests showed was that static pages(or pages that appeared static) that branched directly off from the main page(highest PR) tended to have a PR value 1 less than the main page. Of course there can be variations to this. While this was true for static pages, pages that used the "=" or the "&" or the "?" in the URL tended to see less PR gain. Now I don't know exactly how true that is, but it seems to be pretty typical, and using mod_rewrite, from what I've seen, isn't really that difficult.

Typically the one less pr is because of the dampenning factor or 15% . Good internal navigation is the key to getting the PR where you need it.

Internal Linking,Forum Signature and Social Bookmarking

I find these methods good.

Internal Linking.
Forum Signature
Social Bookmarking.

:drool:

Submitting your site to directories that allow deep links can also help to improve the page rank of your inner pages.

Article submission would also help by having a link pointing to your inner pages in your resource box.

old thread with fresh idea i think :)
i wonder one thing, if i use sub domain on a site that have PR2, will my site rank is PR2 too??

Having unique content and backlinks to evry deep page is a good way to increase PR of a page.

Write great content so that people will link to you naturally, also deep link article marketing and directory submission will help. That will be additional link to increase your PR.

Submitting your site to directories that allow deep links can also help to improve the page rank of your inner pages.

Article submission would also help by having a link pointing to your inner pages in your resource box.

I find the article submission and keeping an on-site blog the best strategy, it drives a lot of long phrases to your website and if you blog like a pro then even backlinks etc.

internal page

hi friends,

one of the best way to increase the traffic for the website is by improving and promoting the internal pages.This can be done by using social bookmarking technique in which we can directly submit the internal pages.
This is the technique i know for the internal page promotion, if someone knows about any other ways plz suggest.

I think how big a site is may also be a factor as it is not that difficult to get some inner pr on smaller sites.

As far as Inner pages PR concern I do only two things first I Pace a Link of all the important inner pages on Home page. Then I do link building for them as well in addition to index page.
I always keep in mind that inner pages are also optimized in the same way as home page just there is a bit of difference in designing of Home page and Inner pages.

Regards
John

The thread title suggests there is some other kind of page rank other than 'inner page rank'. What would that be? Outer pagerank?

Or are we drawing a distinction between home page rank and other site pages?

banners
Back