The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Improve landers/angles first or start blacklisting variables?

ironbull

Hi,

I have a doubt about the optimization process of a campaign.

Is it better to test landers/angles at first without blocking/blacklisting any variables until you find a good one (great CTR and great CR = great ROI) or is it better to start blacklisting variables and once you find the good lander/angle (from the ones you launched with), start making variations of it (optimizing it)?

First scenario:

- Launch with 3 landers/angles and get -80% ROI
- Check which one performed better
- Improve it and make variations of that one and get -40% ROI (without blocking any variable)
- Rinse and repeat until your CTR and CR are good enough that after blacklisting variables, the campaign will become profitable

Second scenario:

- Check which variables performed better
- Start blacklisting/blocking variables and get -50% ROI (still with the 3 landers)
- With the winning lander/angle start making variations of it until you get that positive ROI

Also I've realized that CTR is a really important metric when it comes to ROI. Usually, the better CTR, the better ROI, but not necessarily the better CR.

So with that being said, is there like a scale of certain CTRs needed to become profitable based on verticals? That way I know that after getting to a certain CTR, I can be profitable.

I am talking about mobile + pop traffic.

For example:

Games - 5%
Sweepstakes - 10%
Utilities - 20%
Antivirus - 30%

Thanks

i don't Know What To Say
They Are Both reasonable scenarios
But i am Kind Comfortable With The First scenario If u have a Good Budget :)Cus iF there Is a chance of Winning Campaign U Gonna Find It.
in the second Scenario Might be u gonna find ur self black listed the variable That will be Profitable for ur campaign

Hi,

I have a doubt about the optimization process of a campaign.

Is it better to test landers/angles at first without blocking/blacklisting any variables until you find a good one (great CTR and great CR = great ROI) or is it better to start blacklisting variables and once you find the good lander/angle (from the ones you launched with), start making variations of it (optimizing it)?

First scenario:

- Check which one performed better
- Improve it and make variations of that one and get -40% ROI (without blocking any variable)
- Rinse and repeat until your CTR and CR are good enough that after blacklisting variables, the campaign will become profitable

Second scenario:

- Check which variables performed better
- Start blacklisting/blocking variables and get -50% ROI (still with the 3 landers)
- With the winning lander/angle start making variations of it until you get that positive ROI

Also I've realized that CTR is a really important metric when it comes to ROI. Usually, the better CTR, the better ROI, but not necessarily the better CR.

So with that being said, is there like a scale of certain CTRs needed to become profitable based on verticals? That way I know that after getting to a certain CTR, I can be profitable.

I am talking about mobile + pop traffic.

For example:

Games - 5%
Sweepstakes - 10%
Utilities - 20%
Antivirus - 30%

Thanks

What tool do you use for optimization?

First your should test your landers and angles and when you can get that converting and have enough data, then you can optimise your campaign but cutting out poor performing variables.

You got this wrong. CR is as much important as CTR and both of them are directly proportional to each other. Higher CTR doesn't always mean better ROI. A lander with 10% CTR can bring you +100% ROI whereas a lander with 50% CTR can bring you -50% ROI. It all depends on the CR of a lander and a its CV. The better the CR and CV, they better ROI it will bring. So, focus on every aspect like CTR, CR and CV. Even you are making good money, keep testing as a small change can bring your more sales/leads.

CTR varies from country to country and from nice to niche. So its hard to tell you the exact ratio. In general, anything above 10% is considered to be good for pop-up traffic. For some countries and niches, you can notice upto 70-80% CTR.

Hope that helps.

Ok, so in your opinion until you don't get around -30% or -40% ROI with your landers, you shouldn't be starting with the variables blacklisting, right? If you are not able to make it to that -30% or -40% with your landers optimization, it will be difficult to make it profitable with the variables blacklisting.

Variables backlisting comes into play when you have enough data for optimization. If your landers isn't converting then how can you optimize? First you need to make sure your angles/landers is converting and when its converting and you have enough data then you can move ahead and start optimizing by backlisting variables. Don't be in a hurry to optimize the campaign.
Ok, so in your opinion until you don't get around -30% or -40% ROI with your landers, you shouldn't be starting with the variables blacklisting, right? If you are not able to make it to that -30% or -40% with your landers optimization, it will be difficult to make it profitable with the variables blacklisting.

Yes, in this case my campaign is converting and I have enough statistical significance to make decisions. I mean, at first I am not profitable when launching, but everything converts for me although with negative ROI.

Testing these landing pages s always the best alternative. This however applies to all the campaigns that you may be running. With tests done, it is rare for you to get into a mistake where let us say the offers are not converting. I will urge therefore urge everyone to learn and embrace the habit of test before use because I have seen many of the members investing heavily in the offers that at the end of the day fail to give a positive return on investment.

Yes, in this case my campaign is converting and I have enough statistical significance to make decisions. I mean, at first I am not profitable when launching, but everything converts for me although with negative ROI.
It happens same for everybody and that's when optimization comes into play. :) Very few campaign is profitable right off the bat.

banners
Back