The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Impression Vs Clicks

Jim Moriarty

affiliate
What are the optimum clicks should I get per impression? I mean what is the good or average click ratio against impression?

The clicks per impression ratio is called a click-through rate (we will call it CTR from here on)
What ads are we talking about?
If we are talking about AdWords the average CTR is 2% (2 click on 100 impressions). Anything over 2% can be considered an above average CTR.
However, it’s important to note that average CTR, as well as other key metrics, like conversion rate, can vary widely by industry, because some industries are more competitive than others. So the best way to know if your CTR is higher or lower than average is to look at industry-specific benchmarks.

The clicks per impression ratio is called a click-through rate (we will call it CTR from here on)
What ads are we talking about?
If we are talking about AdWords the average CTR is 2% (2 click on 100 impressions). Anything over 2% can be considered an above average CTR.
However, it’s important to note that average CTR, as well as other key metrics, like conversion rate, can vary widely by industry, because some industries are more competitive than others. So the best way to know if your CTR is higher or lower than average is to look at industry-specific benchmarks.
Do you mean 1 impression is 1000 views? so 100 impression means 100*1000 views? I know there are different niche and vertices have different stats. But what do you think for poor CTR percentage?

Do you mean 1 impression is 1000 views? so 100 impression means 100*1000 views? I know there are different niche and vertices have different stats. But what do you think for poor CTR percentage?
An ad impression is when an ad is viewed. So 1 impression = 1 view. If you are talking about ad impressions vs page views, then that is a different story.
Like I said, the CTR is different for each niche. For AdWords a bad CTR is below 2%

Agree, all CTR higher then 2% is pretty good one.
However if you can target, you can increase it up to 5%.
CTR of 2% = 2 clicks on 1000 views.

This is actually depending on the niche. Some niche has high CTR like 3-5% but if you are going to less than 1% then there are something about your ads. You need to change your banner /text or you have to change your traffic source.

MI
Back