The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Importance of Network EPC for choosing an offer?

chiruraaj

affiliate
Hi Luke,

A big thank you for answering our questions. btw, you are also my good AM at Peerfly. :D

I have two questions-

1. As everyone says the network epc is a very skewed number, as it comes from variety of affiliates using different Traffic sources. So, should we go after an offer which has a high epc or a similar offer which we think has a better offer for the customer or has a better landing page. This always confuses me. Should network epc be given a lot of weightage when choosing an offer?

2. I see a lot of offer with nice landing pages having an epc of 0.00$ on Peerfly. Why is it so and is it worth going after these offers?

Thanks a lot. :)

I appreciate all the hard work you put into your campaigns at PeerFly and I'm looking forward to seeing big numbers from you this year!

The EPC is a very skewed number, but I still think it can serve it's purpose. Our network wide stats on PeerFly are for the past 30 days and they update each morning. So, even though you have no idea where the number is actually coming from, it's some proof that there's legitimacy in the offer and that it's a converter.

Of course, there are hundreds of offers with $0.00 EPC on PeerFly and pretty much every other network as well. For an offer to show an EPC on PeerFly there are a few criteria. I'm not going to go into them, but basically, if it has 1 conversion on 1 click from 1 publisher, it's not going to calculate a 100% CR and $10 EPC. We do see some outliers in the data ($50+ EPCs, 80% CRs, etc), but overall the data is still at least an indicator of activity. Most of the offers with $0.00 EPC are either brand new on PeerFly so we don't really have any data to display or they just don't have enough traffic to display any data.

I recommend picking offers with decent network wide stats when you're first getting started. As you figure out what you like to promote and what you're good at promoting you can venture into the untapped waters. All new offers added to PeerFly have $0.00 EPC, but we're adding them because we think they have potential! :)

MI
Back