The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

I'm getting back into affiliate marketing...

onmyway

affiliate
My journey into making money online started prior to 2012. At that time I learned how to edit HTML templates and rank sites and videos on Google's first page. I built a web site for a friend / coworker who did DJing on the side.

That side started generating business for my friend to the point where he dropped his Yellow Pages ads and relied solely on his site for leads. When he would DJ a wedding or some other event, many times his customers would ask who built his site and he would get me a referral which eventually lead to several local businesses paying me a monthly fee to build, rank, and maintain their sites.

This lasted a couple of years and then it started to go bad. After I built and ranked several local clients sites, they either decided they didn't need me anymore or they received an email from scammers stating that they could do more for far less than they were paying me so I ended up losing most of my clients to these scum bags.

Funny thing is I had a few clients wanting to come back after their sites took a hit from Google because of the shady practices of those who convinced them to dump me. Well I just told them "good luck".

After all this happened I decided to try my hands at affiliate marketing, namely CPA. In early 2012 I signed up for an account at CJ, built a landing page, registered a domain and was approved for an offer in the Automotive niche. I drove traffic through 7search.

The offer paid $10.00 a lead once a visitor filled out a couple of pages of info to get a free quote.

Within a few months my ad spend was close to $100.00 through 7search and my gross revenue was $800.00 I made all this money using only 5-7 keywords. I then decided to ramp it up and added another 125 keywords to my 7search account and then the publisher decided to drop their affiliate program which brought my affiliate marketing to a halt.

I let this incident derail me and from 2012 til this post I have just been floundering and looking at what I can do to make money. I should have just tried other niche's and probably could have made some serious money but I didn't.

So I'm starting my online journey again and have had my CJ account re-activated and I'm going to try using 7search again to drive traffic. I've read some success stories in regards to affiliate marketing and its amazing the amount of monthly income some people are making. It seems like a pipe dream but I guess if you have the right combination of landing page, keywords / traffic, and enough money to spend on traffic you can become a top rated affiliate marketer.

My first step today is to register a domain name, purchase an HTML template from Theme Forest and then apply to an advertiser for approval into their affiliate program. To me spending the time and money on a domain and building a site in hopes to be approved, especially when I don't have any traffic, is the down side to affiliate marketing but hey, wish me luck on getting approval and I'll keep this thread updated.

I am glad to have heard of your story in relation to the online money marking. I will say that through these online platforms, I have been able to achieve a lot of things. I can now pay my bills and even done some investments just by being smart. I will therefore say that welcome back buddy so that we can spin this wheel together and grow into better us.

I am glad to have heard of your story in relation to the online money marking. I will say that through these online platforms, I have been able to achieve a lot of things. I can now pay my bills and even done some investments just by being smart. I will therefore say that welcome back buddy so that we can spin this wheel together and grow into better us.

Thank you,
I have a day off work today so I'm getting an html template ready and just purchased a domain so as to try and get accepted by an advertiser in CJ. Wish me luck.

banners
Back