The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

If you have to start Affiliate Marketing again from scratch, what would you do?

Hachiman

What if in 2017 you were to start afresh with no knowledge on Affiliate Marketing and no money for advertising, who will you look out for to learn affiliate marketing and how will you get started?

I'm new to affiliate marketing and would actually really appreciate an answer that doesn't result in me getting a job or shaving my eyebrows!

Affiliate Marketing isn't so hard, but publishers need so many money and good strategy.

Can you expand on the strategy part? Are you talking about content creation strategy? Ad strategy? Both/other? What are some good criteria for strategies when getting started? What are some common mistakes?

Thanks!

Hey!

You've come to the right place. As an affiliate marketer, you need to care about two different aspects: your offers (your income earners), and your traffic sources (where you'll promote the offers. Sometimes you'll need to buy ad space, giving the traffic source a percentage of your earnings).

Offers: you need to know what vertical to promote. Nowadays, Mobile seems to be a safe, yet dynamic bet. It'll really take you places. Plus: it's easier to convert because of the payment/conversion method. For example, on Mobile app installs (CPI), you get to promote apps that are free to the end user. For Mobile subscription offers (CPA), payouts tend to be higher, and the user can purchase them by using their own mobile phone's money balance.

If you're willing to do some exploring, I suggest you dig in deeper on Health & Beauty, and the eCommerce verticals as well!

Traffic sources: these are places where users will get to see your advertisements. Facebook is a trendy platform. It's got plenty of people. More importantly, it allows you to collect a lot of info about what these users like and buy. This means you'll be able to do a neatly precise targeting on Facebook, optimizing your conversion rates (people will convert more times per number of ads shown).

There are other websites where you can buy ad space from huge networks of other websites. If you're promoting Mainstream offers you can check Propeller Ads and Bucksense, for example. On Adult: ExoClick and Ero-Advertising. If you want something that's specifically for app installs, you can try Startapp or Appnext.

In addition, you should search Google, canvass through forums and other online communities for more info!

Hope this helped!

Cheers!

I'd listen to the advise I was given from the outset. I wasted a lot of time and money trying to reinvent the wheel. Affiliate marketing isn't difficult if done correctly. Yes no doubt you need money to invest, yes you might loose some whilst playing with AdWords but as long as you learn from it. It's money well spent.

There is loads of good advise, networks and groups out there. Learn from them and ask for help and you will do well.

get into a couple of good Aff Netwotks
start on redirect or popup traffic until complete domination
buy suscription to Adplexity to get an idea whats working and where
get a tracker maybe prosper202 and once i get my head around trcking invest on Voluum or someting similar

fail a lot
to finally find a winner campaign
get amaizing ROI
rise and repeat

MI
Back