The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I will write my offer running process.

forman

I join this industry for 6 months, now i decide to write something here.
I am going to write down all what i met and all what i thought about, record all the mistakes i had made, and hope you gays(or beauties) can give some good advices.

Last week , I tested 4 offers on two different pop traffic source. Here is the result:
4 sweepstakes offers, every offer with two landing pages.

US offer:
cost:$25
revenue:$9
ROI:-64.00%

UK offer:
cost:$20
revenue:$2.4
ROI:-88.00%

BE offer:
cost:$15
revenue:$2.4
ROI:-84.00%

AU offer:
cost:$71
revenue:$19.3
ROI:-72.82%

So sad.
I think the problems are:
1,spend too much on test. $5-$10 will be fine, more than $15 is too much.
2,the AU offer, at first, the ROI is about 50% when the cost is $25, but the next day, i want to collect more date, so i spend about $50 but only generate 2 conversions, the ROI become so bad.
3, i don't know the appropriate CPM for each geo, so maybe my bid is not correct.

My summary:
1, Lower the test budget.
2,maybe these geos are not fit for me to start.

I want to know:
Those offers are top offers recommended from my AM, the cr is more than 3% according to the list my AM give to me. Why they did not performance that well for me??

Are you targeting really well?

Your landing pages - are you trying different angles to test?
Thank you for your reply.
I targeted: android OS, chrome browser, WIFI+3G, frequence 1/12hours.
My landing pages are came from ADP, and modified by me, one is spin wheel, and one is "answer 4 questions" .
I am think what i miss. i will write it when i remember.

You are so kind that answered many questions i asked. Thank you.
I am running the offers not so professional, made some rookie mistakes, so i don't konw if it's ok to post at Follow Alongs and Online Journeys Section, and i posted here.

You absolutely can post in that section! Newbie or expert, all journeys are welcome there, including yours. :) Don't worry, our admin will move this thread for you when he gets here.

The nice thing about follow-alongs is that other members will do what they can to help you each step of the way. :)

You still have to optimize the campaign .
Because the ROI is negative and worse then -75%, i am thinking should i continue these offers? or change another geo, pick another offer? or change another traffic source.
Of course, i will not change the traffic source. I am going to stick on this pop traffic. BUT,for the offer, if the BID is too low, i just got useless traffic, but if the BID is too high, the test budget will be cost more(For AU offer, i use the CMP of $10, cost about 50$, generated $16. But with the CPM of $1.5, 10K pop traffic, no conversion). I am afraid of high BID.

And one more thing, When i test the AU offer, i get a landing page CTR of 80%. I think this is abnormal, but it convert. So strange.

Last edited:
@cashmoneyaffiliate is a successfull master. I read some of his posts and wathced a video about his successfull on sweepstakes. But i don't have enough budget for his course. sad.

Have you checked for info on his site?

Once this thread is moved to journeys, you may get more members chiming in. They wouldn't be looking for journeys in this forum. :) Not to worry, we'll help you all we can.

I created a landing page today, and test the AU offer. Then i found something just not right.
Yesterday i said that my landing page CTR is so high(over 80%), usually my landing page CTR is about 30% to 50%. If the CTR goes to 90% even 100%, i think maybe they are all bot, the click just controled by program. But my bid is high, i don't think that a traffic source will let this happen(because this is totally a suicide for traffic source. You receive the high bid but send bot traffic? are you kidding?), at the same time, the traffic generated 5 conversions. I just daubt, but not for sure. This is so strange.
Today, i made a new landing page, use the different click style. And lunch the campaign, split test the original landing page and new landing page. You know what happened??
For the original landing page, the CTR still as high as 81%. But for the new landing page, the LP ctr is as low as 1%.
What the hell?? I think, the original landing page use direct link, so the bot traffic controled by program can find this link and simulate the click . The website owner even simulate the conversion generation. But when i change the link style, the program doesn't work any more.
Now i am going to check, if i can tell the nature traffic and bot traffic. try to pick out 50% or even 30% of the real nature traffic.
This really sucks.
PS: I lunched 3 campaigns, low bid, average bid and high bid. offer payout is $3, for now $15 spend and the result sucks.

Last edited:
@forman - I'm glad to see you taking action and really delving into this to figure things out.

Having an 81% CTR - wow! I forgot to ask if you're using a tracker so you can see where all these clicks are coming from. If the majority is coming from one site, are you able to block/blacklist them in your traffic source?

I only skimmed through the previous posts as a refresher, didn't reread every word but I seem to recall that you're getting WiFi traffic, too. I'm sure it's probably good for some kinds of offers but personally, I didn't find it to be converting traffic. But like I said, that's just my own personal experience, others may disagree with me.

@forman - I'm glad to see you taking action and really delving into this to figure things out.

Having an 81% CTR - wow! I forgot to ask if you're using a tracker so you can see where all these clicks are coming from. If the majority is coming from one site, are you able to block/blacklist them in your traffic source?

I only skimmed through the previous posts as a refresher, didn't reread every word but I seem to recall that you're getting WiFi traffic, too. I'm sure it's probably good for some kinds of offers but personally, I didn't find it to be converting traffic. But like I said, that's just my own personal experience, others may disagree with me.
Thehigh CTR happened at 90% percent of the sites. Block all of them is more like block all the traffic. Meaningless.
I checked the isp, found both wifi and 3G traffic have conversions. But according to
the traffic condiation, I think for now, i am not sure if this is usefull date.

If people are clicking on your lander but dropping off on the offer page, I'm wondering about the offer's lander. Is it ugly or spammy looking?

If people are clicking on your lander but dropping off on the offer page, I'm wondering about the offer's lander. Is it ugly or spammy looking?
The landing page NO.2, people have to click the image, then the wheel spin, then people click the offer link, then people go to offer page.
The landing page NO,3, with a js code, people just click the button"OK", the wheel will spin automatic, and directe to offer page.
According to the different process, with the same content on langding page, No.3 landing page is easier then NO.2 landing page for peole to be redirected to offer page, is means the CTR of No.3 landing page should higher than NO.2's.
But the result is not what i thought.

Spin wheel never worked for me. Always had low CTR and CR. Try more landing pages with different angles. That should help you.
Thank you, I heard this also from one of my friends, but I did not do the split test too much. I direct test the "answer 4 questions and win a chance" this kind of landing page and found the CTR is also low.
When i get the reply from the traffic support, I will do more test.

Today, i asked the AM for more offers.
I just tested "win iphone" this kind of offers, today i asked more offers about voucher.
I need to collect three types of landing page(whicn i met before), modify them. For now i have two types, i still need one more. Of course i need to collect as many types as i can.
Test more offers the next week.

Today, i asked the AM for more offers.
I just tested "win iphone" this kind of offers, today i asked more offers about voucher.
I need to collect three types of landing page(whicn i met before), modify them. For now i have two types, i still need one more. Of course i need to collect as many types as i can.
Test more offers the next week.

Looking forward to reading how you make out with these.

banners
Back