The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to turn this campaign successful? (Negative Case Study?)

Superbeni

Hey there,

I've just recently started with CPC, tried PPV before, but I like CPC much better so far. I am promoting offers from MaxBounty with 7Search traffic.

I've tried a few different offers now and none have really worked out - tried each with around 2-3x of the CPA Rate. Currently, I'm direct linking because the offers I choose have good landing pages anyway.
Now as I've tried ~5 campaigns, I thought I should ask for some help here.

One of my campaigns:
Offer: Unroll.me (ID 7311 on MaxBounty)
Payout: 1$ per lead, signup and login (Signup is only email though afaik)
Network EPC: 0.19$ (if that's even notable, thought I'd include it anyway)

Traffic: CPC 7Search
"Targets": Business-related searches (is this the vertical or the angle?)
CPC: 5-7 cents per click

My Ad: ad.png
Directly linking to their landingpage: landingpage(1).png

Stats so far: 55 clicks, no conversion.

Now I know that that's really little, but I'd need a conversion every 15-20 clicks just to break even, so I think that's a decent enough sample size to see that it's not (yet) working.

Now my actualy question is basically: What am I doing wrong here?

Is the offer "bad"? (Roughly, how many offers are really "bad"? as in very difficult to make money with)
Is the ad bad? Should I add a Landing Page?
Is my targeting bad? I tried to think about what "business people" might search and targeted these keywords.
Another idea I just had while writing: is this category (niche?) of offer bad? Because businesspeople wouldn't use 7Search or something? Are there any niches that work better/worse on 7Search?

Any other feedback/tips?

55 Clicks is not enough data to say anything right now especially on 7Search since there are many bad publishers that you need to get cut.
To do that have gotten Publisher blacklisting feature activated on your account?

1. Add more ads. One Ad is not enough. I suggest you come with few angles and make ads for each angle. Then split test. Keep the best performing angle.
2. Use landing pages and split test it with DL.

Not quite sure how I´d blacklist specific publishers - I guess I'd need to pass something to prosper to get the IDs or something?
EDIT: I just checked this out, not sure if I set it up properly, but I'll see. Thanks for that tip though!

Still not quite sure what the angle is - basically the specific target audience? Like when I promote it to what "businesspeople" would search? Or is this still too broad?

How can I make multiple ads without creating multiple campaigns? (apart from special ads for a specific keyword)

Thanks a lot for you answer btw!

Last edited:
I've created a landing page now but have no idea if that's a landing page that might be good. I know that I'll have to find out by testing, but I don't know if that's even a proper landing page.

Here's it: lp.png

I kept it short and the call to action should always be above the fold as the page should be displayed fullscreen and not in a popup.
The content is taken from their "Features" page.

MI
Back