The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to track the traffic parameters the right way

G

gci1987

I'm a voluum user,I know the importance of tracking the traffic,what the locations are,ISP,wifi or non wifi etc.

But I've noticed there are two ways for me to get these info

1.Traffic source have macro,we can put placeholder into the tracking url and then we get the traffic info.

2.Even we don't set up the placeholders,voluum also have the ability to get some of those info from the traffic

SO,my question is,should I use the traffic info from the traffic source?Or I use the default function Voluum provided with us,because some parameters are overlapped,take the ISP info for example,I can get this piece of info from my traffic source as well as directly from Voluum,then,from which provider should I choose to get this piece of info,which is more accurate?

If they are both accurate,then is it wise to save up a few tracking parameters which can only be provided from the traffic source since Voluum would only track up to 10 params.

I'm a voluum user,I know the importance of tracking the traffic,what the locations are,ISP,wifi or non wifi etc.

But I've noticed there are two ways for me to get these info

1.Traffic source have macro,we can put placeholder into the tracking url and then we get the traffic info.

2.Even we don't set up the placeholders,voluum also have the ability to get some of those info from the traffic

SO,my question is,should I use the traffic info from the traffic source?Or I use the default function Voluum provided with us,because some parameters are overlapped,take the ISP info for example,I can get this piece of info from my traffic source as well as directly from Voluum,then,from which provider should I choose to get this piece of info,which is more accurate?

If they are both accurate,then is it wise to save up a few tracking parameters which can only be provided from the traffic source since Voluum would only track up to 10 params.

If I were you and needed to check whether ISP, WIFI or Non-WIFI.

If my traffic source provides me with parameters/traffic info, I will use my traffic source info. As I can do optimisations or targeting on my traffic source and it will be accurate.

However, you can also use Voluum's traffic source info to do optimisations on rules targeting. This is what I do but everyone has their own way of approach.

What I know is, at times Voluum data might be different from traffic source data because their backend are configure differently to return different response. One might return "Vodacom" and the other "Vodacom xxx" etc.

Hope it helps.

If I were you and needed to check whether ISP, WIFI or Non-WIFI.

If my traffic source provides me with parameters/traffic info, I will use my traffic source info. As I can do optimisations or targeting on my traffic source and it will be accurate.

However, you can also use Voluum's traffic source info to do optimisations on rules targeting. This is what I do but everyone has their own way of approach.

What I know is, at times Voluum data might be different from traffic source data because their backend are configure differently to return different response. One might return "Vodacom" and the other "Vodacom xxx" etc.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,I should lean to getting info from traffic source over than voluum itself from what you've said

I have another question,about the clickid param in Voluum,is this generated everyone time a new visitor click the ad by Voluum,and it is unique when multiple CPA network tracking links are used in the same Voluum since I found that I have only one type of postback link ,and I need to put the same postback url in different CPA networks.Am I right by putting the same URL in different CPA network?

Thank you !

Thanks,I should lean to getting info from traffic source over than voluum itself from what you've said

I have another question,about the clickid param in Voluum,is this generated everyone time a new visitor click the ad by Voluum,and it is unique when multiple CPA network tracking links are used in the same Voluum since I found that I have only one type of postback link ,and I need to put the same postback url in different CPA networks.Am I right by putting the same URL in different CPA network?

Thank you !

Not sure if I get what you said.

In Network on each offer you can place Voluum postback url that goes like this:
https://xxx.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=xxx&payout=xxx

You have to check your network which one you pass to cid and payout.
For CAKE ( Clickdealer, Neverblue etc. ), it will be cid=#s2#&payout=#payout#

You might want to put Global postback in your Network so you don't need to manually paste one by one on each offer. If there isn't a Global postback in the dashboard, you can always ask your AM to help you with it. They are pretty helpful.

Goodluck mate. :)

Hey - NeverblueJoao here. I can help you setup tracking with our system if you still need some help...
I am familiar with Voluum's postback, and can even place it as a Global Postback for you in our back-end too.
Hit me up on Skype if you wanna chat. My Skype is NeverblueJoao.
If you need an affiliate account, signup here; Neverblue | Affiliate Application Thanks!

MI
Back