propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to Stop Fake Traffic in Analytic

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by dzoapps, Dec 2, 2015.

1. dzoapps

dzoapps Affiliate affiliate

I have been suffering from fake traffic for last 5 months, i add so many fake referral of admin filter in analytic but it did not stop in analytic and one more problem, everyday new spam site into my analytic from referral traffic.

2. Ashish Mehta

Ashish Mehta Affiliate affiliate

Fake traffic is the big problem in this day. please explain me guys how can i stop fake traffic in Google Analytic...

3. paulaugust

paulaugust Affiliate affiliate

Highly impossible to stop Fake traffic but one thing you can do is to block the shared IP address and end up blocking some legitimate traffic any how Google bot using rotating IP's.this is one way i know when you go for session in Google analytic you will visible the options..

4. packersandmovers

packersandmovers Affiliate affiliate

This is the same type of creative spam methods as we have seen before with darodar.com, priceq.com, blackhatworth.com, econom.co, hulfingtonpost.com and ilovevitaly.com etc. The traffic usually originates from Russia. Spammers have found a way to utilize Google Analytics to advertise their pages with affiliate links, or other pages and sites which the spammers makes money from in one way or another. By sending fake traffic statistics to show up in GA they get users to google “simple-share-buttons.com” and get them to that site. A certain percentage think that this seems to be a good tool, gadget, or service and they signup, or use the service or tool, and then the spammers gets a dirty affiliate income.

5. Ayesha Khan

Ayesha Khan Affiliate affiliate

maybe writing code in robots.txt file can help ??

6. johnbrent

johnbrent Affiliate affiliate

I don't know how to stop fake traffic. If anybody knows then explain in detail...

7. Mark231

Mark231 Affiliate affiliate

You will have to increase real time traffic. This fake traffic is due to their spiders crawling

8. Root13

Root13 Affiliate affiliate

I do not know the exact way, I just use logic and intuition)

9. malli

malli Affiliate affiliate

Can we stop fake traffic by using IP block ? if we know where that traffic comes to our website

10. malli

malli Affiliate affiliate

Hi @Ayesha i think we cont stop by using robots.txt

11. Pixel_Designs

Pixel_Designs Affiliate affiliate

You can only keep blocking the url from appearing on your GA by inserting into the filter which you are doing right now; don't do anything too drastic like blocking ip as you may block up potential customers.

12. Ivana Adnium

Ivana Adnium Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Ypu can use traffic blocking software, blocking rerouting and hiring a developer or an operations guy to take care if it for you. The drawback is this costs money, however there's no 100% full proof way of blocking ALL bot traffic.

13. Lee86

Lee86 Affiliate affiliate

It's hard, you should continously check them

14. Dicken Smith

Dicken Smith Affiliate affiliate

Its big problem when you got some unknown traffic source and bit difficult how to remove that, you can use refferal exclusion in analytic to exclude the traffic from unknown source.

15. NicoleBarnet

NicoleBarnet Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

peronaly i just keep checking them and add them to exclusion in analytic, is the best you can do

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed