monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How To Setup Facebook Retargeting Pixel Properly?

Discussion in 'Tracking' started by canadian, Oct 5, 2014.

1. canadian

canadian Affiliate affiliate

I plan to advertise on FB and track conversions. My problem is that I want to have 2 separate domains with this setup:

1) domain-one.com for landing page
    2) domain-two.com for "Thank you" page

My funnel would look like this:

FB Ad ---> domain-one.com (landing page) ---> domain-two.com (thank you page)

Now I want to track these 2 things:

1) visitors who clicked on ad, landed on my landing page (domain-one.com) and left
    2) visitors who clicked on ad, landed on my landing page (domain-one.com) and finished on my "Thank you" page which is on separate domain (domain-two.com)

As you can see I want to segment people for those who signed up and those who didn't and make two separate retargeting campaigns, but I have 2 separate domain URL which make my life a little bit difficult.

Questions:

1) Do I need to go through "Create a Custom Audience from your Website" twice and create 2 separate pixels?
    2) Could somebody do me a screenshot for dummy campaign on how should I enter my URLs in "Include" section properly like in the image bellow?

[​IMG]

2. monetizer
  3. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

What you're trying to do is pretty easy man.
    You just need to create 2 different audiences (the pixel code will be the same) and add the ones who visited the first URL only with the first audience, and a conditional audience that goes for both pages for the second audience.

Have a look at Jon Loomer Digital blog for some examples on how to fill it correctly :)

4. canadian

You mean like this:

Domain-one.com

[​IMG]

Domain-two.com

[​IMG]

5. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

Yes!
    Also, why do you need 1 domain for each lander?

6. canadian

I will have multiple landers on one domain and multiple "Thank you" pages on other. I like to keep things separate even though it is not needed.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI