The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to protect our campaigns

vajavaja16

affiliate
Hello
I know everyone has problem of stolen campaign.
how we can be protected from our competitors ?
how to get rid of this spying tools bots from our landing pages and campaigns?

thank you

The robots.txt file only curbs bots that obey it. It's optional. Aggressive bots or custom written spiders have no negative impact to ignoring the robots.txt file.

Hello
I know everyone has problem of stolen campaign.
how we can be protected from our competitors ?
how to get rid of this spying tools bots from our landing pages and campaigns?

thank you
You can try diffrent 3rd part services to protect you campaigns from bots and frauds!

I found that robots.txt disallow bots on sites but is this working?

a bot like that will give a flying f*** on your robots.txt.
it is also not effective to identify an IP and block it because this tools are able to use complete IP ranges or
TOR-networks.

the only thing you can do against it is a long way to inform users what are paying money for this kind of tools, what that really means at the end.
this tools are producing billions of (paid) clicks because the bots are camouflaged so good, that you can´t see a difference between them and a normal user.

there are some lists available where the used IPs of this pestilences are updated.

a final solution is not existing yet - but if anybody wants to make it: here is the idea - go make some money with it - i do not have time to make it.

to eliminate this bots is is a cat and mouse game, because the bots recognize when they got blocked and just change the IP.
a much better solution for that would be to collect this IPs in a database and show them via mod_rewrite something completely else (cloaking for the IP), because the bot will not see that the banner what he is recomending was the WORST on a campaign (or either is black) and the landingpage it follows was the WORST converting or is the google fistpage.

if a solution is delivering unrelevant money destroying informations, this service will be off the road soon.

MI
Back