The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to properly preview mobile affiliate offers on Windows that have redirect scripts...

marketerLevi

Can someone recommend any sort of Android or iOS emulators that can help me to properly test affiliate links that are geo/device dependent?

I'm in need of a solution for both Android and iOS, and it should also have some sort of VPN capability - preferably a built in one, or one that's compatible with a VPN used on Windows.
For example to test an offer for Korea on iOS or an offer for Russia on Android, etc. My biggest problem lately has been that I've been unable to properly test CPI apps before promoting them, causing breakdowns of trust with my ad partners due to "dead links". Being that nearly all the affiliate links for CPI apps are set up to redirect if not viewing from the proper device / location, an option like this becomes essential. Unfortunately the emulator I'm using now does not work with VPN, so I can only test an offer if it's in my same country and same device.

Truth be told, I've come to the point where I can no longer trust affiliate links for mobile apps unless I can preview it first myself - the same way the user will see it on their device and in their location. It would be quite perplexing if something like that didn't exist in today's modern technology age. Anybody who's willing to share can benefit many mobile marketers, I'm sure...

What networks are you using that you cant trust their links? Especially for apps and CPI offers, just by looking at the preview you know it's always the same thing just with a different link to the app that you can search on google or any android/iOS device.

Also, if the offer is a god converting one (to offer), it definitely works and loads correctly or others wouldn't be making good money with it.

For pin submits or a few other categories it's good to check this though, as they might not load correctly with certain carriers or OSes.

Thanks for your advice guys. I've been using Genymotion with the required Virtualbox, and PrivateInternetAccess VPN. This is the bad combo before I started this thread, which doesn't work with VPN and is only for Android.

I already have Virtualbox with Genymotion. How do I install Android on it? I'm using a windows PC

Can you send me the link for Agent Spoofer for Firefox? I've searched but only found Random Agent Spoofer or User Agent Switcher.

I could use the Opera Mobile Emulator with my current VPN. But is this for both iOS and Android? I'm looking for a solution that does both; or two separate solutions if need be. I checked and their site provided no information at all about that product.
THANKS again!

What networks are you using that you cant trust their links? Especially for apps and CPI offers, just by looking at the preview you know it's always the same thing just with a different link to the app that you can search on google or any android/iOS device.

Also, if the offer is a god converting one (to offer), it definitely works and loads correctly or others wouldn't be making good money with it.

For pin submits or a few other categories it's good to check this though, as they might not load correctly with certain carriers or OSes.
Well Servando, affiliates should definitely expect to always get the same offer as the preview link / offer name. But on numerous instances over the past 10 days or so, testing many dozens of CPI offers from multiple aff. networks, I've been horrified with a percentage of at least 60% of the CPI offer links to be invalid (dead links to a blank screen, expired, redirecting or reached budget cap). Some networks were appallingly irresponsible with around 90% invalid links and needless to say that's the reason I'm embarking on this burden. The networks were, in order of worst to barely acceptable: IncentMobi / Flymedia (both tied as worst - 5/5 and 6/6 tested were all dead links), Avazu APX, Mobligo and CPAway. Plus CPI was moderately more reliable and Adscend was better but much more stability to be desired.

BTW, I was testing these on the proper device / geo location with such irrelevant results.

Yup, for the few networks that actually show an EPC or CR (Adscend being the only from the above list to do so), that is helpful in determining the validity of the links. But with such abhorrent results from dead links galore for CPI offers spread across multiple irresponsible networks that has caused me significant loss of partnerships with ad agencies due to trust issues, you'll bet I'm gonna need to check those links before (wasting) any money running them!

There are 2-3 more stable networks which I'm aware of and active with, but only have a small handful of CPI campaigns each, so I'm still searching for a better network with direct CPI offers, preferrably

Last edited:
Well Servando, affiliates should definitely expect to always get the same offer as the preview link / offer name. But on numerous instances over the past 10 days or so, testing many dozens of CPI offers from multiple aff. networks, I've been horrified with a percentage of at least 60% of the CPI offer links to be invalid (dead links to a blank screen, expired, redirecting or reached budget cap). Some networks were appallingly irresponsible with around 90% invalid links and needless to say that's the reason I'm embarking on this burden. The networks were, in order of worst to barely acceptable: IncentMobi / Flymedia (both tied as worst - 5/5 and 6/6 tested were all dead links), Avazu APX, Mobligo and CPAway. Plus CPI was moderately more reliable and Adscend was better but much more stability to be desired.

BTW, I was testing these on the proper device / geo location with such irrelevant results.

Yup, for the few networks that actually show an EPC or CR (Adscend being the only from the above list to do so), that is helpful in determining the validity of the links. But with such abhorrent results from dead links galore for CPI offers spread across multiple irresponsible networks that has caused me significant loss of partnerships with ad agencies due to trust issues, you'll bet I'm gonna need to check those links before (wasting) any money running them!

There are 2-3 more stable networks which I'm aware of and active with, but only have a small handful of CPI campaigns each, so I'm still searching for a better network with direct CPI offers, preferrably

Don't look at EPC or CR. Those parameters don't say a lot unless you tie them to volume.
Ask for volume reports, not EPC/CR reports.

If I run a campaign and send 10 clicks and get 1 conversion to an offer that nobody is moving because it sucks, but I get that conversion though, the report will say 10% CR and a good EPC, but the offer could not work anymore or be down, etc.

What you need for reliable offers is to see if the offer is making good volume, like maybe 100 or even 1,000 or 10,000 conversions per day, and then you can be sure the link works alright no matter if the EPC is 0.01 or the CR is just 1% because many people are running it in high volumes.

Opera Mobile Emulator + Hidemyass are good to start with!

You can also do the following:
1. Install BlueStack (you'll get Android installed in a mini VM)
2. Activate developer options within the Android settings menu: go to Settings > About device > tap Build number 7 times until you get the confirmation prompt.
3. Go back a step to the root Settings menu and go to Developer options (above About device).
4. Once inside the sub-menu, find the Allow mock locations option and tick the check box right next to it.
5. You'll need a GPS location spoofing app. try to search in Google play the term "Fake location" (any app from the result is good to go, just test it before)
6. Activate the GPS and Open the app, choose your location and let it work in background.
7. That's it!

You can even do the same from step 2 in your personal mobile to preview a LP or offers

I'll write a post tutorial about this, It may be helpful for a lot of affiliate

Thanks for your advice guys. I've been using Genymotion with the required Virtualbox, and PrivateInternetAccess VPN. This is the bad combo before I started this thread, which doesn't work with VPN and is only for Android.

I already have Virtualbox with Genymotion. How do I install Android on it? I'm using a windows PC

Can you send me the link for Agent Spoofer for Firefox? I've searched but only found Random Agent Spoofer or User Agent Switcher.

I could use the Opera Mobile Emulator with my current VPN. But is this for both iOS and Android? I'm looking for a solution that does both; or two separate solutions if need be. I checked and their site provided no information at all about that product.
THANKS again!
Here is Agent Spoofer for Firefox: Random Agent Spoofer. You can change your browser become android or ios devices. I'm not sure that will load google play or app store.
With android, you have many choices to test (bluestack,...).
With IOS, you can notice when you finish loading, view cookie see whether appstore have , or maybe some time view a link have "itms://itunes.apple.com/...."
P/S: you should clear all history, cache, cookie,... your firefox

thanks very much for your expert tips guys! I'll post more tomorrow after I 'digest' all this heavy info. :D @Chaos_ great post also on Bluestack! I think the way you described it sounds very concise, so probably no need to make a tutorial.

Well it seems there is still no solution to preview offers for iOS / Apple phones on a Windows PC. Bluestack, Virtualbox and Opera Mobile Emulator are all for Android. While that will be very helpful, the iOS offers have generally higher payouts - anybody with know how for iOS emulation (including a method of changing geo location) would be very helpful for us here...

So I've tried Random Agent Spoofer and User Agent Switcher on Firefox. They properly switch the browser type including iOS, but for some weird reason all of the affiliate links I tried previewing ended in a totally blank screen before the redirects finished - oddly so because some of the links have been tested to work on real devices. I've tried clearing my cache / restarting the browser, but maybe I need to update Firefox or something? Or does someone know of another iOS emulator solution (one that also allows you to change geo location)?

Many networks have ways to detect agent switchers, VPNs, etc.
If the offer works well and it's converting, then just run it and forget about checking every link, especially for app stores since they normally work fine as long as they are converting offers.

But if you want the ultimate solution, grab a cheap iPhone 5S or something like that and it should work as long as you use a decent VPN.

MI
Back