The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to Pick Your 1st Niche

Finding a Niche

I think it is important to find a niche. I think you have to have a niche that has a large market also to be successful for a long period of time.

Having a large market really helps, because than there is enough of the market for you to grab a piece of it. However, don't be afraid to test the waters, if there is not a market. In other words, you can sometimes create your own market, as long as you have a really good idea of course.

To see if there is a market, only takes a little bit of time and research. In my opinion it is completely worth the time!

This is true, and the key to creating a market is making people believe that they want to be apart of said market. In other words, all markets are created with advertising, and often its not things that people need that, but rather things that marketers are able to convince people that they need/want. When it comes down to it, some people can sell anything--so if you have a unique niche, don't be afraid, just make sure you market it to the best of your ability. There are always customers/clients!

Niche Market

It is true that Marketing is huge no matter what you are doing and also reaching your target audience. But you know a lot of people are looking for a home based business that can produce an income for them. Especially something Residual and with a huge market that is a niche market and is growing. The key is to do something you love and sell a product that you believe in.

:D

After you get your list of things you are interested in or passionate about, then use this example to flush out which ones have enough interest, yet aren't too competitive. (Newbies need low competition, if you have more experience you can handle more.)

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/12699-newbie-interested-affiliate-programs.html#post38278">Step by step Key word research to evaluate niche</a>

Last edited by a moderator:
Niche

I am also searching for my niche market. For me I think it needs to be something that really interests me. I do love this learning process though. Jan

Yes,

And aside from that, maybe you want to look up for the hottest trends and visualize it if it will still be a good niche in the future so that you'll not end up shutting it down afterwards..

Trends

I think it is important to look at the trends of course but also maybe an interest that is our own that isn't being addressed by many.
That way it would hold our interest and also we could have followers that at the moment have no where to go. Make sense?

An excellent article . I've just read it. The article really shows a way to find a niche. Thank you Linda for sharing that information.

The blog has an excellent point. Passion marketing or personal economics marketing comes to mind.

Don't find a product in order to...find a product you love is my philosophy.

Dorian, I agree 100%! Sometimes people over think when they are trying to accomplish something. Stick with what you know and love and if you work hard enough, you will succeed!

Dorian, I agree 100%! Sometimes people over think when they are trying to accomplish something. Stick with what you know and love and if you work hard enough, you will succeed!
New affiliate Marketers and even some seasoned affiliate marketers seem to get lost in the details and their success is cut short. What works best is KISS Keep it simple stupid ! Stick with a straight forward marketing message , one to one communication , and a simple straight forward product. I see so many Blackhat types and out right criminals working so hard to game a system often I am stuck thinking if they had just done this legitmatly the would have built a long term successful busseness with as much or less work.
-Luke

The hardest thing as a newbie is to avoid the temptation to be everything to everyone.

In doing numbers in your head it is hard to believe that a single niche can allow you to make a good living. How can something so small be so valuable. What they do not realize is that there is more than one angle to hit a niche, and even with a bunch of people using their angles.. there is room for you.

Helllooo all, very helpful blogs Linda! I'm making my lists now :)
And GettingRicher just hit the nail on the head [on page 1 of the thread] - you need to show people you're experienced or well versed in what you are discussing to make money/get people to come back - ya dig? :p

Look at your list and begin to cross out the ones you don?t feel as passionate about. You may like sports cars but maybe you are only slightly interested in home electronics. Narrow your list down to your top 10.

Hi Laura,

Niche is a specific target market or topic. For instance pets is a big broad competitive market, but dog training could be a niche topic of that bigger market. German Shepherd training would be an even more targeted niche.

Thanks for the blog

The methods you showed are great. There are tools for determining the profitability of niches but the heart of a striving online income business is from the passion - like you also advised. Cheers!:)

banners
Back