The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Make Your First Few Dollars with Facebook Ads

moneyreign

Advertising on Facebook is nothing new, but there are still many people who are sitting on the sidelines and watching others rake it all in. This is an older case study / testimonial, but if it helps just one person start making money online, then it's well worth my name. It's not a huge case study or success story, just a guideline on how to get started with your first campaign.

There are many different ways to promote this offer, but targeting a golfing audience through Facebook Ads has proved to work in the past and is also pretty easy to setup.

The offer is called GolfMates and it's currently available through PeerFly.

Step 1: Find an Offer to Promote
As an affiliate marketer, I'm always looking around at all of the different offers that are popping up on networks and seeing which might be a winner for me and through some quick ad campaigns. Dating is always hot, but when you can really zone in on a demographic audience, then you have potential for a real winner. Hence, that's what we have with GolfMates.

GolfMates.jpg

Why a campaign like GolfMates? Simply because setting up and advertising this type of offer through Facebook Ads would be dead simple... going after single men, who play golf and are looking for a nice woman.

Step 2: Create Your Ad Campaign
After finding an offer that we are happy with, it's time to head over to Facebook Ads to setup our campaign.

If you want to get some really quick stats, you can direct link to the offer. If you want to invest a bit more time and effort, you can build out your own landing page and will likely see better conversions if you setup geographic targeting as well.

(Note: Facebook doesn't / hasn't allowed direct linking to PeerFly affiliate links and is also limited on their dating offers being accepted. This means you could either build out your own landing pages or promote the offer through another network)

Here's what the basic structure of this Facebook Ads campaign would look like.

Facebook-Ads-Golf-Campaign.jpg

Two things to note right away from the campaign above...

Ad Copy: The ad copy is what people are going to see. The picture is extremely relevant, as it's a GIRL playing GOLF and only MEN are seeing it -- all big targets for our audience.

Targeting: The text ad copy for your campaign is also very important. In this example, it's dead simple and there is no room for conversion. If you want to female golf buddy, you are going to click this ad!

It's also important to note that there are over 300k single men that fall into the demographic audience range we are going after. This is a good amount of people to start testing the offer to.

Step 3: Track Your Campaign
When testing your ad, be sure to start with a low daily ad spend, as you don't want to blow through your budget too quickly. You can do your own backend tracking or just rely on the Facebook Ads and Affiliate Network stats -- though it's advised to have your own internal tracking as well.

After running the GolfMates offer for a few days, here were the stats from the campaign.

Facebook-Ads-Case-Study.jpg

With minimal traffic and a small test, the campaign had generated $44 in commissions off only $17.37 in ad spend. This is a nice 253% ROI!

This was a small test, but yields big earnings. Even if I was to scale the campaign and ad spend in size, while also lowering ROI to 50-100%, that would still be pretty sweet and a nice earnings winner.

You can also see the PeerFly stats below.

PeerFly-Golfmates.jpg

Case Study Takeaways

Now before anyone wants to complain and say that this is an older case study (because of Facebook's new ad platform design and ad sizes) or that the campaign wasn't fully scaled -- well, that's exactly why this case study / tutorial was created in the first place; to help you get started.

Here are a few ways to take this campaign (or a similar one) and make it better.
  • There was no split testing of images or ad copy
  • Break down the 300k target audience by state for better conversion
  • Create landing pages that cater to even a tighter exact audience
  • Replicate these methods through media buying and other sources
  • Build a retargeting campaign to bring back users who visit and don't convert the first time around
Good luck and feel free to keep me updated with your success!

As far as i have known so far, facebook don't allow dating and diet offers. Correct me if i am wrong. Seems like a good ROI on your campaign and lot more to optimize. Good work. Keep it up.

I have stopped using fb ads awhile ago. Got tired of the nonsense banning my account for no reason when I use legit whitehat niches. The traffic is good but fb has cracked down alot!!

Last edited:
Yes, as mentioned in the original write up, this is an older campaign and facebook no longer allows dating -- but the offer and concept still works anywhere else you can run targeted campaigns. You can also apply this same method to any offer outside of dating on facebook. More than anything else, it was a case study and short guide on how to start testing offers through fb to get something going.

AS far as i know the fb doesnot allow dating offers and they will ban your account without letting you know.... as @moneyreign has posted an old case story... it's not for new people who want to start a fb campaign for dating offers they need not to waste their time in that other than that they can do anything because fb will ban you as soon as you reac your highest level.. then there is no way out for you buddies.... so be aware of blocking.......

Say you find a niche that isn't dating, but pays a lot and you have a clickbank url to promote the offer.

Would you create a custom landing page that you host, get their email address then redirect to sales page?

How would you know if they've "converted" because really shouldn't you have the download page as the "thank you page" and you can only get that if you pay for the offer/product yourself?

I really do not get why people always recommend facebook ads, because they do not convert at all, and certainly not for $5 a day. You have to spend thousands of $ to make at least a few profit.
This campaign does not work, even it is highly targeted. Click rate was only 0.8% which is a joke. I target men aged 30-50, single, playing golf, interested in woman, interested in dating, and my offer is a FREE sign up for a dating account with golf playing women looking for men, so how more targeted could it ever be? And only 0.8% click on the link and ABSOLUTELY ZERO conversions, NOBODY signed up for a FREE account.
And this was an ad "optimized for conversions". I call fb ads BULL SHIT!

MI
Back