The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to make and use landing pages for cpa offers?

xyzabc

Here i have a few questions about Landing Pages so its open to this awesome community to help out us noobs.

Say i need to test 5 landing pages do i need to buy 5 domains to host those? or one generic domain would do?

How to go about creating those landing pages? Any wp theme or plugin or something suggestion?

Any tips about landing pages would help too!

Looking for answers :)

I don't really think you need five domains to test a landing pages in the offer you are promoting I believe their are services that you can rotate landing pages for A/B testing. I could be wrong I am also new to IM.

Great to see you are ready to take action xyzabc.

1. Landing pages are an opportunity to pre-sell an offer. In most cases, a landing page will provide more conversions. However, because this is not 100% of the time, you need to test both landing pages and direct links to an offer to see for certain what is providing conversions.

2. When using landing pages, you will want to produce several for each offer and rotate them to see what works best. I make 5 and sometimes more to start. So let's say you have picked an offer. Now you want to promote it. You look through the internet for ads, ads that lead to landing pages, and of course landing pages themselves. Make use of spying tools like:
SpyFu
The Search Monitor
Yahoo! Site Explorer
Compete Search Analytics
Copernic Tracker
Statbrain
FeedCompare
AideRSS now Postrank
Xinu Returns
Google Trends For Websites
Google Insights for Search
Microsoft’s Keyword Forecast tool
WayBackMachine
Web Page Readability
Attention Meter
Websitegrader
Google Alerts
BoardTracker
Twitter Search
SocialMention

3. Once you have your landing pages done, create at least 5 contextual and/or banner ads. You will want to rotate your ads also to see which ads perform and which do not. Then keep the ads that work and keep the landing pages that convert.

Now I can add many more attributes to this process, but you need to learn the basics first. You are new which means you have have to learn. There is no avoiding this. You must personally go through the steps of producing landing pages, creating ads, and learning to track your results. Then you will have enough knowledge to increase your knowledge with more advanced methods, tactics, strategies, and tools of the trade.

4. Let's say you selected to promote a dating offer, and it's a Jewish Dating offer. Pick a domain name that you can use forever with most Jewish dating offers. Something like, "bestjewishdatingsiteintheworld.com". With this domain, you can pretty much promote any Jewish Dating offer on the planet. So you could use it for several different offers over time. All you have to do is change the landing page(s) to match the offer.

I think it's important to have a relative name for your domain. In other words, the domain name should reflect the landing pages content and intent. Don't confuse this with a content site, which in many cases can be done very successfully without direct interpretation of the name to the content.

So! Get a VPS. Get relevant domain names. Research landing pages of your competitors. Build 5 landing pages. Create 5 ads. Choose a traffic source. Choose a tracking platform.

DO NOT HESITATE! This is all done the first time in a week or less. After you have become familiar with this simple process, you will be able to do all of this in a few hours. I promise you that the first time doing this involves reading and studying unfamiliar material. Once it become familiar, you will be as speedy at this as any successful marketer!

DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!

Keep us posted on your progress and return to this thread to report that progress and ask questions when you get stuck. You will get stuck. We all do at every level of this game.

Good Luck!

Last edited:
Awesome post, TJ! I know I didn't ask the question but it helps me a lot.

Is a VPS really necessary? I have a shared hosting account with HostGator, can I not just use that instead of buying additional service? I'm not exactly getting high volume yet, or is that the reason?

Awesome post, TJ! I know I didn't ask the question but it helps me a lot.

Is a VPS really necessary? I have a shared hosting account with HostGator, can I not just use that instead of buying additional service? I'm not exactly getting high volume yet, or is that the reason?

Yes a VPS is necessary, absolutely. Many think there is no problem with shared servers when just starting out, but they are wrong. The problem on shared servers is that the other accounts on the shared server will crank up the cpu which in turn impacts your shared space performance. I have this happen often to some of my hard headed clients that insist that a shared server will do just fine and then I end up having to charge them to migrate their stuff to the new server when they suffer the performance losses. On a VPS, you get at least one dedicated CPU, dedicated RAM, and a whole host of other benefits that are specific to your account. There are some starter VPS accounts available out there for $30 a month.

TJTutor, you're definitely the pro this forum needs, thanks for providing great info. Quick question, i'm currently dabbling with setting up a campaign, earlier you mentioned to "Research landing pages of your competitors. Build 5 landing pages. Create 5 ads. Choose a traffic source. Choose a tracking platform."

Since, I'm still exploring services, what traffic sources would you recommend? where could I go for keyword research? and would prosper202 be a good tracking platform vs. google analytics?

Thanks again, really looking forward to your advice.

Hello xyzabc
you can have all 5 landingpages on one domain, just name them different

Try optimize press, wp leadrocket or epic queeze, these are all paid products but it will make it easier for you

//Richard

Quick question,
Since, I'm still exploring services, what traffic sources would you recommend? where could I go for keyword research? and would prosper202 be a good tracking platform vs. google analytics?

Ha Ha, that's a quick question? Okay macdoc83 !
Traffic Sources are so abundant and listing recommended sources could take all day without knowing merchant, network, target customer, and of course the product. Once you know these elements, then you can further research whether to use search, mobile, social, media, email, and so on. Then of course you also need to decide whether you are going for organic, paid, etc.

It's very important to use many keyword tools. Google, of course has been a tool used by most of us at one time or another, along with:

Advanced Web Ranking (paid)
Alexa (free/paid)
Bing Keyword Research (free)
Compete (free/paid)
FreshKey (paid)
Google Keyword Planner (Free)
Keyword Discovery (free & paid)
Keyword Eye (paid)
Keyword Spy (paid)
Long Tail Pro (paid)
MarketSamurai (paid)
Moz Keyword Analysis (paid)
Raven Tools Research Central (paid)
SEMrush (paid)
SEO Book Keyword Tool (free)
Soovle (Free)
SpyFu (free/paid)
Suggestions (free)
Ubersuggest (Free)
Wordpot (free)
WordStream’s Keyword Tool (Free)
Wordtracker (paid)
YouTube Keyword Tool (Free)

These are not all of them, there are hundreds more. Not all are direct keyword research tools, but do provide keyword insights.

For tracking I think the 3 top affordable solutions are Bevo, CPV Lab, P202, and T202. There are several far more expensive enterprise level solutions that simply are too expensive and over kill for most of us until we start reaching the $5000 a day realm.

Yes a VPS is necessary, absolutely. Many think there is no problem with shared servers when just starting out, but they are wrong. The problem on shared servers is that the other accounts on the shared server will crank up the cpu which in turn impacts your shared space performance. I have this happen often to some of my hard headed clients that insist that a shared server will do just fine and then I end up having to charge them to migrate their stuff to the new server when they suffer the performance losses. On a VPS, you get at least one dedicated CPU, dedicated RAM, and a whole host of other benefits that are specific to your account. There are some starter VPS accounts available out there for $30 a month.

Thanks again, TJ.

Boy, so much to learn. But what a payoff at the end! :)

nop you don't have to buy domain for each LP u just need to pick up a general domain about offers and make sub domains or folders to seperat the LPs

Great to see you are ready to take action xyzabc.

1. Landing pages are an opportunity to pre-sell an offer. In most cases, a landing page will provide more conversions. However, because this is not 100% of the time, you need to test both landing pages and direct links to an offer to see for certain what is providing conversions.

2. When using landing pages, you will want to produce several for each offer and rotate them to see what works best. I make 5 and sometimes more to start. So let's say you have picked an offer. Now you want to promote it. You look through the internet for ads, ads that lead to landing pages, and of course landing pages themselves. Make use of spying tools like:
SpyFu
The Search Monitor
Yahoo! Site Explorer
Compete Search Analytics
Copernic Tracker
Statbrain
FeedCompare
AideRSS now Postrank
Xinu Returns
Google Trends For Websites
Google Insights for Search
WayBackMachine
Web Page Readability
Attention Meter
Websitegrader
Google Alerts
BoardTracker
Twitter Search
SocialMention

3. Once you have your landing pages done, create at least 5 contextual and/or banner ads. You will want to rotate your ads also to see which ads perform and which do not. Then keep the ads that work and keep the landing pages that convert.

Now I can add many more attributes to this process, but you need to learn the basics first. You are new which means you have have to learn. There is no avoiding this. You must personally go through the steps of producing landing pages, creating ads, and learning to track your results. Then you will have enough knowledge to increase your knowledge with more advanced methods, tactics, strategies, and tools of the trade.

4. Let's say you selected to promote a dating offer, and it's a Jewish Dating offer. Pick a domain name that you can use forever with most Jewish dating offers. Something like, "bestjewishdatingsiteintheworld.com". With this domain, you can pretty much promote any Jewish Dating offer on the planet. So you could use it for several different offers over time. All you have to do is change the landing page(s) to match the offer.

I think it's important to have a relative name for your domain. In other words, the domain name should reflect the landing pages content and intent. Don't confuse this with a content site, which in many cases can be done very successfully without direct interpretation of the name to the content.

So! Get a VPS. Get relevant domain names. Research landing pages of your competitors. Build 5 landing pages. Create 5 ads. Choose a traffic source. Choose a tracking platform.

DO NOT HESITATE! This is all done the first time in a week or less. After you have become familiar with this simple process, you will be able to do all of this in a few hours. I promise you that the first time doing this involves reading and studying unfamiliar material. Once it become familiar, you will be as speedy at this as any successful marketer!

DO IT!
DO IT!
DO IT!

Keep us posted on your progress and return to this thread to report that progress and ask questions when you get stuck. You will get stuck. We all do at every level of this game.

Good Luck!

Completely new here at afffix, and over the past few hours reading around these forums...Ive learnt more from tjtutor ( along with a bunch of other people ) ...then I have in the past 3 years reading about affiliate marketting.

going to jump in the dojo.....after a bit more reading......just wanted tosay thanks for all your great info posts!

Pshot

MI
Back