Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to lose money to earn even more!

Anastasia AdCombo

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
AdCombo
4224591515.png

How to lose money on media buying in the beginning in order to earn more in the end.

There is a topical issue on the agenda. The issue is as old as time, but still it is of a vital importance. Once, a very wise affiliate man said: “Losing money is ok for me since I am absolutely sure that it will return to me very soon that’s why I’m not afraid of losing it. Newbies think different – they do not have such experience, so they fear of spending it for tests. As a result, they are without any income at all.”

We speak a lot about the need for testing the ads, angles, combos, and traffic sources. We always say that 90% of our work includes testing. Although, we always forget that many newbies are not used to losing money to earn more as a result.

In this connection, today we are going to talk about how to lose everything to earn much in the end.

6684385594.jpg

Fake mentors advertise themselves everywhere the following way: “I’ll teach you how to earn and help you to gain profit!”. Nobody, in turn, teaches how to lose money: invest it into information, tests, experience. If I really wanted to teach a newbie how to achieve the goal – I would predominantly teach how to lose money steadily and without regrets.

The main message is simple – learn to lose money:

- operating at a loss in order to gather needed data (statistics) to know the direction for optimization;

- operating at a loss in order to create black lists and white lists of traffic sources;

- operating at a loss in order to eliminate the ineffective ads.

Everyone agrees that media buying is 90% of testing. Nevertheless, there are few people who get to the root – 90% of the time is the loss of money, not earning. At this stage, the majority of the so-called businessmen drop out. They are those who have no patience or resources to carry the work to completion.

Each penny invested in buying traffic is an investment in your future. It is the investment in your knowledge, experience and optimization. The fear of newbies is quite understandable. Many publishers are the people who don’t consider media buying as a primary activity. Losing $200-300 can be crucial since many of them have families; they have to pay for their education, rent and etc. It is always easy to say they just shouldn’t work in the sphere of media buying. It’s not a way out. They just need to get over their fear of money loss.

Neither fake mentor nor true mentor will teach you to risk money all the way. You can develop this feature self-dependent only. There is no methodology which will convince you to pour money down the drain. You are aware of that you will lose money and you are scared whether it will come back or not. And there is no guarantee of success. And you bear the responsibility all by yourself. It is really scary, and I’m sure that many of you are so close, but not able to drive a nail home to the head.

I like making comparisons. They help to see the truth. Let’s analyze the experience of overweight people. Each of them knows that if proper nutrition and physical activity will be added to the daily routine – everything is going to be alright: he will become fit. Nevertheless, the experience of numerous unsuccessful diets makes him think that it is not possible. Although, there are professional sportsmen who are able to control their weight gaining and losing it several times a year in turn. They consider such an activity as commonplace, if, of course, doing it the right way. The same thing is with media buying. At first, you lose huge amounts of money, more than you have expected. And then, you target the audience in a right way, the combination brings profit, and here is your money.Those, who have experienced such situations hundreds of times, understand that it works this way and there are no other ways. Those, who have succeeded to master their fear of loss, are given a green light to work in affiliate marketing.

You can always hear successful webmasters’ stories, but there are very few stories of failures. It's not that common to say about that, so as a result newbies get the impression that profit always comes easily with good conversion rates.

Case studies related to media buying which are written in the style of “I was sitting on the couch and suddenly decided to start sending traffic and, lo and behold, got my first 1000% ROI (+ hot chicks, popularity and so on), using plain creative” do not teach anything useful. They just mislead newbies who are absolutely sure that they can get good conversion rates using the first creative they have produced. Alas, it is an unusual occurrence. A webmaster can be highly intuitive, but all the fuss is about the experience which can be gained only with the help of testing, ups and downs.

Start working in the sphere of media buying without intention to conduct tests – it’s like being on thin ice. It might be successful, but most likely it is not. Moreover, even if you have managed to earn some money with your first combination, as you go forward, you will definitely lose some money in the future, it is unavoidable.

Attention, a reminder: among all the accounts registered in an affiliate network 10% of them are active webmasters. It doesn’t mean that others do not work at all, but the majority of them haven’t managed to overcome the fear and start working gaining profit.

Without losing money one can’t earn it. It’s our business. No, there are no losers in affiliate marketing, but there are numerous attempts which were not carried through. Do not fear of losing money and money won’t fear of finding you.

Good luck, guys!

Wow! Excellent Write Up.

I have started my Bing PPC campaign. Losing money now (gathering data)....I feel extremely happy about it.

Thank You for the nice post. As a newbie it helps me a lot.

It is a good subject to talk about it is just that the way you have put it is very scary. People are always afraid of loosing money and here you are saying that you will get return later own. Be sure that you bring clarity in what you are passing across. When you leave people in dilemma, be sure that they will not be with you on the same page. I have gone through a few paragraphs and iI love the mind behind this awesome thing. Keep this up.

What a great read. Unfortunately this is one of my biggest barrier in start off in this industry.
But now I have another perspective which for sure will pay off.
Please keep up

Worth read.

It is a good subject to talk about it is just that the way you have put it is very scary. People are always afraid of loosing money and here you are saying that you will get return later own. Be sure that you bring clarity in what you are passing across. When you leave people in dilemma, be sure that they will not be with you on the same page. I have gone through a few paragraphs and iI love the mind behind this awesome thing. Keep this up.

What a great read. Unfortunately this is one of my biggest barrier in start off in this industry.
But now I have another perspective which for sure will pay off.
Please keep up

Nice message you got there man! I would definitely keep these tips in mind...:)

Thank you all, guys!

I also wanted to add that the implied message of the article is that you need to carry on no matter what is happening to you right now, even if you are losing greatly. Everything you do in life in general, and in affiliate marketing in particular is not in vain, it will definitely pay off in the future. And it is not all about the money. It is always about knowledge, expertise and so on. You benefit anyway.

The word "losing" has a negative impression,
I prefer to say "investing" :)

I agree with you, Sumaiya
Nevertheless, the word "losing" was used in this artice on purpose to show that failures and losing are inevitable in our sphere, at least in the beginning, but they lead to success anyway :)

MI
Back