Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to get your site to the top of search engines

temi

affiliate
Unique page titles
Hierarchical folder structure
Clearly defined niches within the folders
Good use of anchor text in links (internal and external)
Link out to quality resources from within your body copy (on topic and as tight as possible)
Good balance of inbound links (hundreds of directories and nothing else will not help you enough)
Focused content.
Balanced weighting on he page
Clean code that validates or as near as damnit.
Structured pages
Place a cabbage on top of your monitor
Only wear pink on Tuesdays!
Send me money

(1 of the last three is true, two are false)

Original contribution form OWG on this thread: http://forums.ukwebmasterworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=2112

I'd like to add one thing to this list and it is something that everybody should consider for the future as it is indeed the way engines are starting to go and will deffinately play a big factor in future SEO.

Get links from sites with the same theme as your own. As mentioned above, links from directories are not enough. You really need to be thinking about themed linking and it can often be the key between making the top 10 or not.

Great advice Temi.

Jess you are totally right, links from relevant pages gives you more traffic, and better pagerank

Jess you are spot on about relevance, as I alluded in my post. One of the biggest changes during the Jagger update on Google was the weight given to inbound links. Relevance is now a much bigger factor in the weight given to a link pointing to your site.

Just realised that I should make clear that not all links are equal, or ever really have been. There a re factors that alter the 'weight' (the benefit or value Google applies to a link) of a link. these are briefly, the page rank value of the linking page (for PR value), the volume of links on the page (again directly affecting PR transfer value), the perceived value of the anchor page (the page where the link comes from) and the anchor text of the page. It has also been thought by some (myself included) that the text immediately around the link is taken into account.

New elements appear to have been brought into the equation now though such as the semantic relevance between the anchor page, the target page and the link itself Links have always acted as a bridge between the two pages, as for ranking purposes the anchor text is viewed as being present on BOTH anchor and target pages. Now due to a better understanding of the value of anchor pages (possibly better semantics and possibly (as I believe) the introduction of a basic 'trustrank' element, it is now more than ever essential to get inbound links from on topic (relevant) pages, and from authority sites. If anyone doesn't know what authority and hub sites are please post and I will explain.
Maro also hit the nail on the head with the word 'traffic' this is the key to internet success above all else. If you have traffic then eventually you will get conversions. Even a blind pig in a field will eventually find the food if he walks about enough ;)

Wow thanks guys.. i hope my sites will up in google in a bit of time.. coz im very fraustratad..

but you will surely rank in the top of the SE for phrases such as :
"fraustratad"

MI
Back