The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How TO Get Your First Profitable CPA Campaign

internalsoul

firstcampaign.png

How TO Get Your First Profitable CPA Campaign

Hello all, this is my first case study on affiliatefix forum and to be honest with you I have never thought it would go this way. Just a month ago I have joined this forum and started my CPA journey and already have some pretty good profitable campaigns which is making me some good money(good for a newbie ;) ).

What it takes to get a profitable campaign:-
CPA is huge industry and there is no limit on the amount you can make. But again it isn’t that easy as everybody might think it to be. Profitable campaigns are not got by chance/luck; it’s made by hard work, creativity and optimization.
  1. Make your choice first about which type of CPA offers you going to jump into. Every type of offers has different traffic source and way of promotion. So sticking to one would be your best deal.
  2. Choosing your vertical. That’s one of the most crucial part. Do some research before you make up your choices.
  3. Every traffic source has its pros and cons. One vertical can perform incredibly well while the other can go terribly bad. Also do some research on your traffic source demographics, to get more information about your visitors and to choose the right offer to promote for them.
  4. Choosing the right offer:- You can have multiple variations of similar offer from same network or other network, just grab as much details as you can from your AM like CR, EPC of the network and the top publisher who are banking huge.
  5. Direct linking/ Landing pages:- I would say landing pages. But you can test both.

Type of CPA offers:-
It’s the normal web CPA offers which I am going to stick at the moment.

Verticals:-
There are plenty of verticals but I will stick to the evergreen vertical of all time which is dating/adult.
Why dating/adult:- Plenty of traffic source, plenty of options, huge volume and huge number of angles to test as a starter.

Offers:-
They are pretty much same on all the network. Only focusing on offers with good landing page and CR (stats I get from my AM)

Traffic Source:-
There are huge amount of adult traffic source listed on affiliatefix forum.
For my case study I have particularly used 2 traffic source adxpansion and exoclick. Both have CPM/CPC banner advertisement option.

Campaigns:-
So for my casestudy, I have chosen adult/dating vertical. I have chosen few offers from 2 networks to split test. Now, since I have my offers and traffic source ready, I moved on to my next phase which is creating angles and getting creative with it. I then created 2-3 variations of landing pages for each angle (tested 4 so far) along with banners.

Lastly, uploaded everything to my server. Created campaigns and waited for approval.
Once the traffic starts flowing and getting conversions, I got to know which angles I should stick with and which angles I should kick out.
Day 1 Looks like this:-
sfp4DSG.png

Day 2 Looks Like this:-
zHqkJoE.png

Now I have enough data to optimize my campaigns. So I kept all high converting landing pages and banners and eliminated the rest. I am left with just 2 angles, out of 4. After optimization is completed, I started driving more volume and tried to scale it up by targeting more countries supported by my offers.
Stats for next 7 days after optimization:-
Lki7Lqg.png

My overall stats from day 1 till now:-
hcwpnKc.png

My total income from CPA network:-
KkaiVHg.png

Lading Page:-
Try to keep it simple; don’t try out to much fancy thing. I have used simple 2-3 question & answer landing page I have found on affiliatefix forum here by keyman. I have just changed the background color,content and the images to match my angles. Later down the road, I have added geo location to my landing page to increase the conversion ratio.

Banners:-
Simple static banner worked out for me.
Good girls image, strong headline including your angle and strong CTA.

Easy strategy to get a profitable campaign:-
This has happened with me and now i know it happens with pretty much everybody, so I will share it. It’s very common in CPA. While I was testing and found my winning banner, landing page combo, I realized that my banners and landing pages are stolen by my competitors and they are running it on different traffic source. So, I got a bit pissed and tried the same with them.
I followed them on other traffic source, monitored them for a week and found their winning banner and landing pages for the same campaign and other campaigns too. Set up campaign on my end and got some results. I then tried my own angles to the same offer and got better conversion ratio(by more than 1%).
Note:- While spying do take a note of the banner and the associated landing page with date. Monitor for at least a week. Keep all the data in a spreadsheet, after a week you can pretty simply figure out their winning banner and landing page.
Tough it’s the easiest way to get a profitable campaign for free but I still prefer to do it the way I have started from scratch.

Scale up:-
While scaling up, try same angles on different countries with different languages. Get your content translated by someone native. If your offer supports mobile, try mobile traffic too.
I have scaled this campaign to 2 more countries and trying out 5 more countries, still need to optimize them but ROI is positive so far. I am also working on making my landing pages for mobile.

Conclusion:-
One angle might work well, in one country, but the same cannot be taken granted for other countries.
The ROI and campaign conversion rate depends on the angle, landing page, banner’s and most importantly the offer you have selected. I tested 2 similar offers , targeting same country and from same network but different advertisers. One converted at around 6% and another below 2%. So the offer has played a big role in the overall conversion ratio of the campaign.

To sum it up:- Profitable campaigns = Perfect Angle X Perfect offer X Perfect landing page X Perfect banner (Variables listed as per importance one after another based on my case study so far).

If you have any question or comments, then please leave it below.

Last edited by a moderator:
how much budget shall I have to get started ?
Budget is something which don't have any fixed value/limitations, it completely depends on the person who is investing. The more you have the better it is for you. I have started with a low budget of around $200 to gather data and optimize my campaign. Once i got the confidence that my campaigns are going to make steady positive ROI, i invested more. on a side note, its one of the most competitive niche, so do keep that in mind.

Nice case study sir,
Can you talk and post screen about your optimisations into Exoclick with this parameters: Banners CTR, websites, categories.

Can I have your Skype Please ?
PM sent
With what spying your competition?
Awesome topic. :ninja:
I did mentioned in the first post that i did that manually.
Nice case study sir,
Can you talk and post screen about your optimisations into Exoclick with this parameters: Banners CTR, websites, categories.
I didn't do RON campaigns, i went for premium inventory and created separate campaign for each ad zone. So i had absolutely no need to track websites and category. Here is one example from one of the campaign:-
ZvCV1rl.png

Profitable banners are highlighted with red.
IMG8 had a ctr of .68% and IMG10 had a ctr of 0.57 which was added on the last day of the campaign.

IMG6 had a higher conversion ratio but the ctr was .23% and ROI was just $0.10. For rest of the images ctr was between .25% to .39%

Fortunately banner IMG8 was having highest ctr and highest CR. Total spent for IMG8 was $58.962 and total income for IMG8 was $119.85 which concludes that my ROI was just a little more than 100%

I have optimized my campaigns taking into account all the variables in this fashion:-
BANNER to LP CTR --> LP to OFFER CTR ---> Offer Conversion

Thanks for this infos.

What placement did you suggest ? in-video ? footer ? top ?
Your CTR into LP is good, but i would like to know what tips do you use, exitpop ? or it is just a good work with color, pictures and 3 rules ?
I would appreciate your reply sir. I'm currently running campaigns into Exo and it's hard for me to have a high CTR and ROI better than +50.

Thanks for this infos.

What placement did you suggest ? in-video ? footer ? top ?
Your CTR into LP is good, but i would like to know what tips do you use, exitpop ? or it is just a good work with color, pictures and 3 rules ?
I would appreciate your reply sir. I'm currently running campaigns into Exo and it's hard for me to have a high CTR and ROI better than +50.
Maximum of the clicks generated from invideo ads are accidental clicks and I haven't worked with them. Haven't worked with footer ads either. I have just worked with top ads and next to video ads and both of them have worked well for me..
For landing page CTR, it varies based on country and ad zone. For me what have worked well so far is the angle i am working on, picture and good color combination. The most important thing on my landing page is the angle, then comes the image and lastly landing page color combination(for this i would suggest to go with some sober colors and yeah do highlight location, timer and cta with a different color).

Last tip:-
For higher CTR try to focus on your angle, and your headline, and how you draw your visitors attention. Try to use your angle and location on your headline of landing pages. It will increase your CTR by atleast 10-15% IMO, as it has done the same for me.

Best of luck

what course guide did you follow and why your cost show zero thank you
I have gone through all the case studies, guides and tutorials available in this forum for abut a week or two. @cashmoneyaffiliate 's case-studies and tutorials were of huge inspiration along with Oliver K's newbie 411 PDF and Taun's "Adult Media Protocol – 7 Figure Adult Media Buying Guide". I didn't went to profittable campaigns right off the bat, i did lost money at the initial stage but with proper optimization i did managed to make my campaigns profitable.

The cost on my stats shows zero because i was running CPM ads and voluum cant track costs for CPM ads. I used an excel spreadsheet for my CPM ad campaigns which i had provided in this forum.

MI
Back