The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Get Accepted Into Your FIRST Affiliate Network

Which Networks Accepted You As A Newbie?

• Total voters

captain47

affiliate
Ahoy fellow pirates!

This is a question that I have been asked around quite a bit lately and yesterday when I was watching CashMoneyAffiliate's webinar replay, I noticed that people were asking him too. So I thought I would note down a few tips and the things I did to get into affiliate networks.

If you are like how I used to be, you must be thinking, "Hey, I am trying to spend my own money to promote their offers, why won't they have me? Its not like they are paying me anything unless I generate income". If you can't figure out the answer for this question, here are some:
  • Having you on-board means they have to allocate a dedicated account manager to you. Now the network has to pay the account manager whether you are making money or not. So most networks do not want newbies who wouldn't make much money for the network and wouldn't be worth the money they spend on their affiliate managers.
  • They don't know you. You could be a fraudster trying to spend fraud traffic to the offers. Many of the offers are from reputed companies and their brand names are at stake. If you send bad traffic and if the advertiser sue the network, they have to pay.
  • Managing a newbie is a lot harder than managing a seasoned affiliate. Most networks do not have the time or motivation to do that.
But the problem is, to become a seasoned affiliate you need to start somewhere. Every super affiliate started as a newbie someday. Its a chicken and egg sort of problem.

Now that you know why they don't take you on, here is how you can deal with it and get accepted:

Do Not Apply

That's right. Applying to a network shouldn't be your first step in affiliate marketing.

- Research.
- Evaluate your options.
- See what others are doing.
- Learn about the available verticals.
- Learn about different traffic sources.
- Learn about tracking.
- Read forums and blog posts all around the web.

Just stuff yourself with information to the point where when someone says "Test Test Test" or "Take Action", you be like, "Yeah, I know".

At that point:

Be in Motion

- Pick one or two verticals to focus on. (Mobile app installs and sweepstakes for example)
- Pick one traffic type (Pop or Redirect or Display or Facebook or POF and so much more)
- Pick a traffic source (PopAds or ZeroPark or Decisive or Inmobi or MobiCow or you get the idea)
- Pick a tracker (Voluum)
- Fix a spending budget (Say 2000$)
- Get yourself a domain and a website. (This will help. You are about to build a business and every business needs a website)
- Get yourself a name@yourdomain.com email (and apply using this email)
- Get a reference letter from anyone that you have worked online with. (Your client or if no one one, get one from your professor)
- Get a copy of your government issues ID card (Got a passport? That will do)

Your Bad Ass Business Plan

Put the above in a sentence and you have a business plan to tell the network when you apply.

==============​

I am [My Name] from the beautiful city of [City] in [Country]. I have been [your current experience]. I have realized that my current job will not let me achieve my dreams and I am working on changing my career.

I have decided to focus on Affiliate marketing and based on my research, I have found that [Vertical 1] and [Vertical 2] fits my aptitude. I have set aside [Your budget] exclusively for testing and I can budget in [A nice amount not less than $500] every month. I will be sourcing my traffic from [Traffic Source Name] and I hear that you have offers that can match the traffic source.

Since I am new, I do not have any experience to show. But if you know me personally, I am a go getter. I have spent the last few weeks learning the tracking system Voluum and have networked with other affiliates that I met on the AffiliateFix forum. I have already read many articles from the top affiliate marketing blogs and I have a fairly good understanding of the basics in theory. I understand that the reality will be different, and I am confident that I can adapt. Every super affiliate started as a newbie like me, so if he can do it, I can do it too, if not better in due time.

I do not expect any hand holding. I will not be wasting the time of my affiliate manager asking him basic questions. Once I am familiar with your system all I need from him will be access to your offers and I will take it from there.

I have cleared up these hours from my day [the hours you plan to work on AM] and I am ready to get started as soon as possible.

I have attached a reference letter and a copy of my ID card here with. If you need any more documents to verify my identity, I will be more than happy to provide them.

Looking forward to working with you,

[Your Name]

==============​

Time To Apply

Do the actual application. If they have an "additional comments" column, use it to send in a brief of your business plan. Be proactive. You need to look better than the hundreds of other newbies who apply.

Follow-Up

Give them 72 hours and if they do not give you any response, shoot them a follow-up email. In that email you can include the business plan and your credentials. And if you are accepted into any other networks and have made at least a dollar, include that screenshots as well. It tells them that you are serious. If you have a follow along thread here, show them that in the follow up email.

Everyone is more than willing to work with a serious guy.

Follow up the Follow up

Sometimes, if they do not get back to you even with your follow up, try to find a contact at the network and talk to them over phone or Skype. Its easy to find that, ask here on the forum and someone should be able to help you.

Do and Don'ts
  • Be Honest. If you are a newbie, tell them that. You are going to be working with them long term, faking that you are a super affiliate won't last past your first offer.
  • Apply to one, max two networks at a time. See how that goes. You don't want 10 accounts and not enough traffic to send to all of them.
  • Speak in a business-y language. Don't be like, "Hey dude, I just wanna checkout some offers bro"
  • Dont expect them to come after you and bend over their backs. You mean shit to them when you are a newbie. They deal with affiliates who make 6 figures or more daily and your 10 grand worth of testing doesn't mean jack shit to them right now. You will get the VIP treatment when you are a VIP to them.
  • Once you are accepted, start working with them right away. Don't be the guy who got the account and never tested any offers.
  • Do not treat your manager as someone who can help you with your campaigns right away. Give it time and take it slow. You don't want to jump at the first girl you meet and pin her to your bed, do you? (unless you are a rapist), build rapport and overtime support will come. Just ask for recommendations and ask him your genuine doubts. For everything else, use this forum.

The harder the obstacle, the sweeter the victory.

Good luck!

*Captain needs his rum*

So which network are you applying for now? Who accepted you?

Last edited:
For the networks that I have applied for. I called them and asked how my application was going. Some networks get a lot of applications and I guess its hard for them to decipher the real ones from the fakers. Although I did get a recommendation from a pretty good affiliate at the time which I think got me over the line for some of the more top tier networks.

Not being a grammar nazi but just a small correction in the mail content:

I have realized that my current job will not let me achieve my dreams and I am working on changing my carrier.
It needs to be career.

Not being a grammar nazi but just a small correction in the mail content:

I have realized that my current job will not let me achieve my dreams and I am working on changing my carrier.
It needs to be career.

Thanks man. Fixed it! Although sometimes changing your carrier can change your life too ;)

Codrim is also a good choice to start with.

Codrim, a global leading Mobile DSP, applies accurate orientation, big data mining and analytical measures based on DSP technology and frames, which helps customers achieve oversea market through global marketing strategy. We could really help to monetize your traffic with high pay. :)

Yeah! I'm new to the CPA world. At this moment, I'm learning and researching about CPA. When my learning is complete. I will probably join MaxBounty and Peerfly. :) Like in few more week.

Yeah! I'm new to the CPA world. At this moment, I'm learning and researching about CPA. When my learning is complete. I will probably join MaxBounty and Peerfly. :) Like in few more week.

Your learning will never be complete. My advice is to spend a day or two reading everything you can and then get on and get started.

Thanks for the share of the above tips. They are so motivating especially to the newbies and even those who are already in the industry. I will say that it is never that easy but with these tips, then you can get to place I tell you.

MI
Back