The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to create site map?

Apologies for bumping an old thread if you've already found a solution...

If you're not familiar with XML, have you tried a free sitemap generator? A quick google search will give you a few options. And even if it's incomplete, you can add missing pages

Hey There.

There are two types of sitemaps- XML and HTML

You need both.

An XML sitemap is a list of links from your website written in a language that the Google bot understand(users don't see it).
You need it because is a very easy SEO hack. It helps for your new pages to be indexed almost immediately.
You can create one with an SEO plugin and I recommend All in One SEO.

Here's how to do it.

1. install All in One SEO
2. in Wordpress dashboard go All in One SEO> feature manager
3. Enable XML sitemap
4. Return to the dashboard and hover over all in one SEO tab
5. Now you'll see the new tab appear called "XML sitemap"
6. Here you have some settings to change but since you're a beginner go with the default. Later you can read about setting it up the best way possible.
7. Click View my sitemap and copy the end of URL. It'll be yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml Copy the XML
8. Got to google search console and submit the sitemap
9. Relax, you're done!:)

I strongly advise you to have an XML sitemap, because they'are very powerful for you SEO

Then there is HTML sitemap

This is a list of links your visitors can see on your site. Especially useful if you have a big website(or plan to have one).
Here are the steps:
1. Instal the free plugin "simple sitemap"
2. Go to the plugins dashboard and click on "settings"
3. There you'll see the list of options you have. I suggest you select just posts and pages and since it's confusing, here is the short code you need: [simple-sitemap types=" post, page,]
4. Create a new page that goes in your top menu.
5. Paste the code from the above into the editor
6. Save and you're done. Now your new page will display the list of posts and pages

Advanced tip. The sitemap can be in the footer, sidebar or top menu. And that is what I recommend. It's because your page rank(link juice) is strongest at the top of your page. When you install sitemaps like I showed you can expect to get higher rankings for all keyword.

It won't be a huge boost but it counts.:cool:

Hope this helps...

There are plenty of options to create xml sitemap. if you are using wordpress then there are many plugins which will automatically generate sitemap. else you can use online websites also which will create sitemaps for you

Press 'Start' button and wait until the site is completely crawled. You will be redirected to the generated sitemap details page, including number of pages, broken links list, XML file content and link to a sitemap file. Download the sitemap file using that link and put it into the domain root folder of your site.

Huge number of XML tools and Note are available, which are useful for you. You can try to YouTube.com this is very helpful.

There're many ways to create site map. Usually if your website is based on WordPress platform, you can use the plugin called Google Sitemap Generate or Yoast SEO plugin to help creating sitemap.

Otherway, if your website is based on PHP or another platform, you need to create it manually by using this website Create your Google Sitemap Online - XML Sitemaps Generator. Just enter your website on that website and create.

I hope this helps.

There're many ways to create site map. Usually if your website is based on WordPress platform, you can use the plugin called Google Sitemap Generate or Yoast SEO plugin to help creating sitemap.

Otherway, if your website is based on PHP or another platform, you need to create it manually by using this website Create your Google Sitemap Online - XML Sitemaps Generator. Just enter your website on that website and create.

I hope this helps.

How to add sitemap in blogger

Hey There.

There are two types of sitemaps- XML and HTML

You need both.

An XML sitemap is a list of links from your website written in a language that the Google bot understand(users don't see it).
You need it because is a very easy SEO hack. It helps for your new pages to be indexed almost immediately.
You can create one with an SEO plugin and I recommend All in One SEO.

Here's how to do it.

1. install All in One SEO
2. in Wordpress dashboard go All in One SEO> feature manager
3. Enable XML sitemap
4. Return to the dashboard and hover over all in one SEO tab
5. Now you'll see the new tab appear called "XML sitemap"
6. Here you have some settings to change but since you're a beginner go with the default. Later you can read about setting it up the best way possible.
7. Click View my sitemap and copy the end of URL. It'll be yourdomain.com/sitemap.xml Copy the XML
8. Got to google search console and submit the sitemap
9. Relax, you're done!:)

I strongly advise you to have an XML sitemap, because they'are very powerful for you SEO

Then there is HTML sitemap

This is a list of links your visitors can see on your site. Especially useful if you have a big website(or plan to have one).
Here are the steps:
1. Instal the free plugin "simple sitemap"
2. Go to the plugins dashboard and click on "settings"
3. There you'll see the list of options you have. I suggest you select just posts and pages and since it's confusing, here is the short code you need: [simple-sitemap types=" post, page,]
4. Create a new page that goes in your top menu.
5. Paste the code from the above into the editor
6. Save and you're done. Now your new page will display the list of posts and pages

Advanced tip. The sitemap can be in the footer, sidebar or top menu. And that is what I recommend. It's because your page rank(link juice) is strongest at the top of your page. When you install sitemaps like I showed you can expect to get higher rankings for all keyword.

It won't be a huge boost but it counts.:cool:

Hope this helps...
thanks for sharing!

banners
Back