The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to convert on a blog

christopherm

affiliate
I have this problem that I can't seem to get around. I like to promote different things on my blog.
When I'm writing content to promote something, I never know what approach to take.

I know that landing pages with few words convert well, but what if I don't give enough info?
On the other hand what if I give too much info?

I don't want to turn my blog into a series of squeeze pages, but I don't want to miss conversions either.

Thanks for any help.

Hi christopherm,

Blogging for dollars is very different than running campaigns with landing pages. Monetizing a blog requires a different blueprint. For example, I have a blog that is specific to dating for men and presented by a woman that I created. I do some monetizing on her blog with banners and promotional links in the articles. I also use landers that I build as sub-domains that are strictly for PPC campaigns I run in niches related to the blog. The primary site promotes through content marketing, the landers are more specific and direct and are only presented through the landing pages. I don't connect the sub-domains with the primary site in any way. They are kept separate as they are monetizing under very different sets of protocols.

Now, you are also saying that when you are "writing content to promote something", you don't know what approach to take. This is a completely different issue. This tells me you don;t have an outlined plan . Without a plan you are doomed. You must have a plan as to what the site is for, what it's mission is, who does it target, what information will your target market expect, etc. Remember, the content of a blog must be specific to the needs of the target audience and must provide remedies for the needs, wants, and desires of the target audience. They want specifics. They either want to enrich their lives, relieve themselves of pain, solve a problem, etc. A blog must offer answers for people with an irrational passion on a given subject.

T J

I guess you're kinda right by saying I'm a little lost on my plan. I'm still working on that. But what I meant was when people land on a blog and they're ready to buy, is it okay to give them lots of info? Or will they just find another site that lets them purchase easily with reading 400 words or more. I kinda feel like I've found my answer while typing this question, but I'm still curious on your thoughts. Here's what I gathered:

when someone lands on a blog, they most likely aren't sitting there with their credit cards out waiting to slide them. The point of a good blog is to inform, nurture and convince the visitor to buy from me. Is that a good way to look at it?

banners
Back