The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How to choose keyword or url?

yoyoyhs

affiliate
I am facing difficulty when I an setting up campaign in LI.

What should I consider in giving the keyword or url?

Have you learnt how to do correct research and find demographics?

What offer are you looking to promote?

You need to research demographics of your offer first. You might use Alexa, Quancast, or Google to do this.

Then, you need to find websites that have quite similar demographics to pop your landing page.

Let say I am promoting ipad mini offer. Should I research about the demographic of apple.com?

The first step is choose an offer right? Then how should I proceed?

Thanks!

Demographics is important in ppv but in my personal experience just collect target urls and keywords, some times you get conversions totally different demographics, Alexa show you the traffic age 30 to 55 on your target url and quantcast show 20 to 35. You can check as self. So just collect url's and keywords for promote and make 3 or 4 good LP's and run the offer but very first start with very low bids. its most important first time start with low bids.
Lp's always similar to your offer page just change your word's on headlines and in bullet text's. Nobody gives you exact targets, you have to test. First start with 10 to 20 targets urls. Url targeting is better than keywords. supposed,,,,, if you would like to run a singles dating offers then you find good neat dating offers like match.com, true.com etc. Don't try to promote on adult dating sites.

The first step you need to take is to choose which niche or niches you will want to work with. I would say since your traffic is going to be very targeted to choose more then one niche, because it is unlikely you will get enough traffic from one niche. Google is my best friend, simple google what your planning on testing such as "weight loss" it will then show you all the high targeted sites. Alexa is another way to find high traffic sites within your niche. Do not hesitate to ask your account manager for help they will usually be able to assist you with all of this. Good luck!!

Couple of ways you could go about it, easiest may be to look at the current demo of the offer page.

Make the most of Alexa, Quantcast, Google AdPlanner.

Look at the sites that show as 'also visited' or with a high 'affinity', check the stats on these and target them.

It's all about testing and as it's been mentioned, some sites that are totally unrelated may convert better than the ones you thought were extremely targeted.

banners
Back