The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Choose A Product To Promote?

New Marketer

affiliate
I am an affiliate marketer you know. But sometimes it's difficult to choose a new product to promote. So which criteria are vitals to you in order to choose a new product? For example, I always prefer sales/landing page which has video and the product cost will not exceed $50.

How are you getting traffic to your affiliate pages? If you have a niche site/blog, your aff programs should be relevant to your site. It's also recommended that you've actually used the product so when you promote it, those promotions have the been there, done that ring of truth. A couple things that really helps convert more sales are trust and credibility.

Hope that helps!

You have to make a start from subject of your platform (website or blog) and of course consider the promo materials the company will provide you.

Actually, we would be millionaires if we know the answer. Anyway, the best thing to say is try to find the best match of your content and the product you are advertising. And test, test, test.

Boban

I am an affiliate marketer you know. But sometimes it's difficult to choose a new product to promote. So which criteria are vitals to you in order to choose a new product? For example, I always prefer sales/landing page which has video and the product cost will not exceed $50.

When it comes to products, are you talking about digital products or physical products?

As for selecting products, your audience determines that. What you need to determine first is what niche(s) do you want to serve.

As a white label provider, here are some of the tips we offer our resellers (the same rules apply to affiliate marketing for a new product) on how to set up your own white label business:

Integration - The first question you need to ask: which product or service is right for your business? Are you adding a new product to an existing company? Will it complement your existing brand or will this stick out like a sore thumb? If you’re looking to launch a product as a standalone business, keep in mind: what are you familiar with? Do you have the expertise and experience in to be able to confidently sell your product and offer post-sales support? Generally white label service providers are pretty hot on post-sales support themselves (I assume affiliate providers are as well) so you will not be abandoned once your product is set up, and don’t feel bad about getting in touch, you are selling their product. At this initial decision-making stage, talk through your options or go through a demo – is the service easy to use, do you understand the product? If you as the expert can’t figure it out, how will your customer?

Branding is vital – not only does your new product need to complement and make sense amongst your existing products and services, but it needs to be a seamless fit. This is definitely something to bring up when chatting through your demo.

Marketing - Utilize all the resources you have available to you. To tap into an existing customer base, we recommend email marketing. Your customers already care enough about your brand to have provided you their details and they trust and know you. Kick off your product launch with a special offer and an email campaign, and back this up with social media marketing to reach out to a broader audience. Be not only active on social media, but proactive – which social media networks are your clients on? Are they higher level execs on LinkedIn or in their twenties on Twitter? Strategize and market your product launch as you would any other.

Our advice: you know your customer and you know the products/services you already supply – is there an overlap? For your existing clients, you know their companies and their budgets, you already know what they’ve got and why. How does your new product fit amongst their set-up? Is it something they’ve been after a while? What immediate benefits would it offer to them? The key as with any form of sales is knowing your customer just as intimately as you know your product.

I always go first is for the design. The design should be a first priority in my opinion.
totally agree - bad design is a bad product IMHO.
and a shabby landing page is a tell tell sign of a scam most of the time .

Dependend on what kind of product you mean. Design is an import factor indeed, but what Boban said is also true, at the end you have to test it by your self.

You can never go wrong with stuff people are constantly complaining about. If you find a product, ask yourself if one of your loved ones needed it, would you recommend it.

When it comes to products, are you talking about digital products or physical products?

As for selecting products, your audience determines that. What you need to determine first is what niche(s) do you want to serve.
I prefer only for digital products. As far I know in a physical product image are the best for converting. But for digital product say ebook for weight loss will have to check many peak points like an image that shows before and after or other facts you know. So what are the points or facts to choose this kind of products?

I think many of you are going at his question wrong. To me it seems how do you choose a product to promote - as in what factors should it have to make you want to promote it if you are able to choose anything?

As a media buyer I have always had a blank canvas to start with in terms of what I can promote. I generally look for the LP first & foremost: it should have an appealing design with vivid colors and a strong call-to-action point, and the call to action should preferably be something simple and concise. I don't even recommend video LP's because not everyone has time to sit thru a video at any moment, nor speakers to listen such as in a reception lobby.

I do admit however that a great majority of all the offers I've ever promoted were influenced vastly by my own personal tastes... there always seems to be that "is this something that I like" in the back of my mind every time I choose an offer to promote. However I think that's not always a negative, because it seems that if you are promoting a service that you are interested in, you will have a better chance at success - the reason being that your enthusiasm / passion will translate well in terms of ad-writing, graphics design, etc.

PS- I'm actually just getting back into the 'AFF scene' after a few years working a 9-5 and have yet to find anything that earns worth a hoot. Can somebody please recommend an ad agency that converts well? Search, display, pops, mobile traffic is OK just as long as they have steady and quality conversions... feel free to let me know directly which company if you don't want to post it here. Thanks!

3 dimension: popular/innovation/professional, and always with best price. these products convert best. we have a well experience on that with 5 years markting.

Knоw yоur аudiеnсе nееds аnd wаnts

This is а nо-brаinеr. If yоu wаnt tо prоmоtе thе right prоduсts, find оut whо yоur аudiеnсе аrе. Figurе оut thеir lосаtiоn, gеndеr, аgе grоup, prоblеms thеy fасе еtс. This wаy yоu will bе аblе tо prоmоtе prоduсts thаt еxасtly mаtсh yоur аudiеnсе nееds аnd wаnts.

If yоu rаndоmly stаrt prоmоting prоduсts аs аn аffiliаtе, yоu will еnd up gеtting zеrо sаlеs

Yоu mаy аsk hоw tо find оut whаt my rеаdеrs truly rеаlly wаnt? Thеrе’s а simplе wаy tо dо it.

Survеy yоur аudiеnсе – Usе yоur еmаil list аnd аsk yоur rеаdеrs simplе quеstiоns likе “whаt’s thе оnе prоblеm yоu’rе сurrеntly fасing?”. Thеn find оut thе prоduсts thаt аrе hеlpful in sоlving thеir prоblеms.

Fоr instаnсе, if thеy аrе struggling with trаffiс, yоu саn prоmоtе prоduсts likе, еBооks writtеn by SЕО еxpеrts оr аny SЕО plugins thаt inсrеаsе wеbsitе trаffiс.

Even if you eventually chose the offer you shouldn't forget to provide testing for it pushing small traffic volumes. After you see that the offer converts well on your traffic - it's right time to push all your efforts to make the most from it.

Adult Dating offers often do well...just do your research and don't forget to split test! Remember just because an offer does well with one network doesn't mean it will do the same on another. Good luck :)

I also thought that good design wins BUT i had an experience when really awful LP gave really good and stable conversion. It was some education offer for the USA.

Here's what I do whenever I choose something to promote. You'll notice this is so simple and easy to do!

1. Assess the landing page. It must be clean and modern in design. There are lots of landing pages which are really old in style and design and I think it affects conversions greatly. There are also landing pages that's really spammy on design -- BIG BOLD RED LETTERS with lots of Exclamation points for example. Avoid them at all costs!

2. Search the product on google if there are bad reviews. What will happen if someone receives your email promoting something? People will search for that product in google and look for any reviews! If there are lots of negative reviews on the product, you will have a hard time promoting it.

Hope this helps :)

MI
Back