The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Bot Visit By Google Analytic

Ron E. Fletcher

affiliate
Hello friends,
I want to set up my google analytic to see the bot visit/click. As far I know bot aren't able to stay very long time. So do you any idea how could I set up my google analytic tool to see the result?

Hello friends,
I want to set up my google analytic to see the bot visit/click. As far I know bot aren't able to stay very long time. So do you any idea how could I set up my google analytic tool to see the result?

By setting a checkbox in a filter, GA will filter out all the traffic from known bots. This list of known bots will be pulled from the IAB/ABC International spiders & Bots List. The Interactive Advertising Bureau has been maintaining this list since 2006.

To filter bot and spider traffic from GA, go to your Admin settings. Go to the View panel of the site you select and find View Settings. At the bottom of the options, just before Site Search Settings, you'll find a heading for Bot Filtering with a checkbox that reads: Exclude all hits from known bots and spiders. Check it, and you'll automatically filter the known bots and spiders from your Analytics collecting.

Now this only removes the reporting of bot traffic in your analytics. To stop bot traffic is insanely expensive. It is estimated that more than 18% of U.S. traffic is bot traffic and in some parts of the world (e.g. Asia) it is as high as 53%. However, you can stop most of bot traffic that comes from paid traffic. Use "partner blocking" in your ads account (where available) to block the bot traffic from paid traffic.

Filtering-bots-edited.png

I do really appreciate your help TJ as well as already applied to my web site. I don't have much knowledge about "partner blocking". Would you like elaborate more about it please?

I do really appreciate your help TJ as well as already applied to my web site. I don't have much knowledge about "partner blocking". Would you like elaborate more about it please?

Sure, partner blocking is essentially blocking traffic in your traffic source that is sending you bad traffic, or non-performing traffic. The bulk of traffic coming from bots is bad traffic and what happens is there are groups of websites owned by the same people that are selling their traffic to your traffic source. A person, or people, that own a group of sites are called partners. Not all, but certainly many, are simply sending bulk traffic through bots and that traffic is non-performing for many reasons.

With any tracker, you look for non-performing portions of the traffic you are buying. Then, if your traffic source has it available, turn on partner blocking to eliminate the bad referrers. Not all traffic sources may have partner blocking. 7Search and other 2nd and 3rd tier traffic sources have this option. Google and Bing require a little more work, some use their .htaccess files to block traffic from bad referrers.

Simply put, partner blocking is eliminating bad traffic sources from your paid traffic.

Luke Kling wrote a great article about it with 7Search a couple of years ago, it's here: Blacklisting Bad Performing SubIDs on 7Search.

It's imparetive you identify bad traffic with your tracker, then go to the traffic provider and see what mechanisms they may have to block the bad and non-performing portions of the traffic.

Bogus traffic costs you money.

banners
Back