The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How not to improve page rank

When having other sites link to yours (inbound links), try to use different wordings for the anchored text. If it's always the same wording, search engines may consider those links as an attempt to raise your page rank and your site's page rank will be devalued.

Anybody know if that's true? And if so, to what degree?

When having other sites link to yours (inbound links), try to use different wordings for the anchored text. If it's always the same wording, search engines may consider those links as an attempt to raise your page rank and your site's page rank will be devalued.

Id say that was absolute rubbish ! if that was the case google would be punished for having to many links saying "google"

Although there is such thing as OVER optimization

Look on the date of that article - even if some of the points could be valid year ago - we are in the internet world...

I think the article is sensible, not perfect but it contains some useful tips for new webmasters.

Search engines don't like dynamic pages that contain query characters like "?". Try avoiding those. You could try using rewriting rules to map good URL names to those dynamic URLs behind the scenes. Google definitely doesn't index pages containing "&id=" as a parameter in your URLs.

completely wrong !

The most visited page in my site through google is :

Alle boeken van Pieter Aspe op Eric's Boekensite

All my pages are build the same way and all are indexed and have PR...
And about the PR : I made my site dynamic just a couple of weeks before the PR update :)

banners
Back