The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How is this possible?

M

mrcrowley

With apparently no backlinks according to yahoo and google how can this site have a pr 3 rank?
roomaas.com

Because it has links... I am not sure what you are saying here. PR3 is like baby food easy, and link reporting is pants, and the links that yahoo shows has nothing to do with the links Google knows about :(

They have achieved PR3 by rediring the domain to another site in this case gmexports.com PR3.

Terrible form of cheating.

Its risky though, redirect can go wrong. Only do that with sites that are not important to you.

Its risky though, redirect can go wrong. Only do that with sites that are not important to you.

Temi, can you please explain this a little bit in details.

I have some domain redirected to one of my most promoted site. I noticed I lost PR in the last update. Is that related to the redirect?? Need hear your thoughts.

I will try... but there is another post months ago by OWG which explains it better. The basic stuff I know is that, if you want to redirect one domain to another, you should use 301 redirect, this demonstrates to search engine that you are not a spammer.
Spammers tends to use HTTP refresh, JavaScript and other stuff like that but with 301 redirect you are telling the search engine that the domain/resources has moved permanently.

Do a search for 301 redirect in this forum and see if you can find OWG post on it.

I am not sure that is what is to blame for your lost of PR at the last update but then again it could be :(

Terrible form of cheating.
There are some worse.

If you have a needless domain and redirect if for some month for instance to the dmoz, at the next PR export the domain will get PR8. Google won't handle your site as if it would provide real unique content it knows that you achieved that by redirection but the visitors don't. You install a wordtag script or something similar and maybe you will do a nice business, but the victims. It is not a real win-win situation.

What IDIOT fakes a PR3 :D

I assumed that it was genuine because faking pr3 is dumbass LOL.

The easiest way to fake pr is to set up a redirect to a site, wait for the PR update, then once the update comes, remove the redirect and their pr will show up as your pr.

banners
Back