The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How is conversion tracked in e-mail marketing?

dr_manhattan

affiliate
Greeting fellas! Happy to join this community.

I recently started in affiliate marketing. I am primarily active in e-mail marketing of affiliate offers. Most of the e-mail offers take recipients to landing pages where they do registration. I was wondering, how is lead conversion/acquisition is tracked via e-mail marketing? If, for example, recipients are considered acquired after signing up, do I need to trace their path all the way to registration? If yes, how can this be done? If no, can conversion be traced any other way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

And, again, happy to become a part of this forum :)

Greeting fellas! Happy to join this community.

I recently started in affiliate marketing. I am primarily active in e-mail marketing of affiliate offers. Most of the e-mail offers take recipients to landing pages where they do registration. I was wondering, how is lead conversion/acquisition is tracked via e-mail marketing? If, for example, recipients are considered acquired after signing up, do I need to trace their path all the way to registration? If yes, how can this be done? If no, can conversion be traced any other way?

Any help would be much appreciated.

And, again, happy to become a part of this forum :)

Are you using an optin list of your own?

If you are mailing your own optin list, then your email platform will give you open rates and such. You can put tracking codes (with sub ID's) in the links in your emails for tracking purposes and use a regular tracker to track activity from the time they reach your lander.

Are you using an optin list of your own?

If you are mailing your own optin list, then your email platform will give you open rates and such. You can put tracking codes (with sub ID's) in the links in your emails for tracking purposes and use a regular tracker to track activity from the time they reach your lander.

Thank you, T J Tutor for the answer. Do you have any examples of such links or link generators that allow to trace activity after landing on the page?

dr_manhattan, just look for "tracking"on your autoresponder account dashboard...
read, understand and implement!

I don't think this helps since my platform does only basic analytics, such as opens, unique clicks, and unsubscribes. What I am looking for is tracking links that show how conversion occurs on a landing page.

Clicks and sales/signups (conversions) should show on vendor platform... if this is what you are looking for.

Clicks and sales/signups (conversions) should show on vendor platform... if this is what you are looking for.

Asked and answered, twice.

Your question was, "How is conversion tracked in email marketing?". The key word there is "in". So, your email platform has code you put in your email, you can add the tracking code from your tracker the same as you would with an ad. It follows all the way through your funnel to the conversion.

You can't track conversions from most autoresponders. They are only going to show clicks and opens.

The CPS/affiliate platform will tell you how many clicks, sales, etc..., but they aren't going to provide you with the information of the user that converted.

However, most modern affiliate / CPA platforms have an option to do a postback for each conversion. In which case you would put the email address of the user in the correct field of the offer url and then the info is sent for each conversion. You could use a third party tracking software for this or create your own script that the info is sent to..

Also, the platform may have a conversion report, which you could just download instead of having to do the postback and in the conversion report would be the info.

Yeah, that's a great idea for identifying the lists for action takers.

YUP, that is what I though the OP was asking about, as far as tracking conversions...who converted.

The only downside is that anyone that has access to records could see the addresses. If that is a concern, one could create a custom redirect script and encrypt the email. But then it would need be be decrypted once you get the conversion info.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, the best approach will be to put tracking links in the email itself. So you get to see opens/clicks in the email and can use the tracking links to see which recipient fully converted

MI
Back