The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How I Do My Niche Research - Free Niche Included

ImAdmirer

Today I am going to write how I find a niche and then do the niche research. This is the exact process I follow to get an initial grasp about a niche I like to enter into. After going through this niche research you should be able to start building the website with ease.

Few hours back I visited my favorite niche research site Google Shopping. Google shopping site features hot products for the day, trending products and the popular products of the week. A quick glance at the site gives you at least 10 hot niche market ideas to start with.

I picked the niche “Deep Fryers”:
Google-Product-Search-2012-05-12-19-16-40.png

Knowing The Niche Market

A quick glance at Google Insights shows us that this niche has regional interest in UK, USA and Canada.
Google-Insights-deep-fryers-2012-05-12-20-16-46.png

A further digging into the niche demographics shows us that the majority of “deep fryers” audience are females in the 55-64 age group. This info would be pretty useful later when you build your website and your social profiles.
Tefal-Quantcast-2012-05-12-20-39-15.png

Top 3 “deep fryers” brands are:
T-Fal
Presto
De’Longhi

Keyword Research

Here are the top 20 keywords with monthly searches, Adwords CPC, Adwords competition and keyword difficulty. These 20 keywords have decent volume and an easy keyword difficulty:
deep-fryers-keywords.png

Available Domains

Here are some domains which are available now:
DeepFryersShop.com
BuyDeepFryers.net
GetDeepFryers.com
DeepFryersStores.com

Affiliate Programs

Without a thought, Amazon is the first site which comes to mind. There are more than 5000 “deep fryers” in Amazon which you can fill in your site.

Then there’s Commission Junction.

Here are some advertisers in Commission Junction who sell “deep fryers”:
Air & Water – air-n-water.com
Compact Appliance – compactappliance.com
Kitchen Collection and Le Gourmet Chef – kitchencollection.com
Cooking.com

There are a lot of other top affiliate networks like “ShareASale”, “LinkShare” etc.

Next Steps

I gave you a hot niche market. I’ve also provided the free niche research for “deep fryers”. This is half the work done. Now go grab the domain, use the information I gave you, build a website and make money. The most important thing is you have to take action. If you feel this is your niche, or if you are stuck in your niche research, you should start this right now!

Use this niche research process to uncover more profitable niches.

Feel free to ask questions/ write comments. Good luck making money!

This is a awesome post. But i don't bother going with this niche. There will be lots of competition. Majority from my ninja dudes. But thanks for info.

I am not sure how it will change the ability to use google shopping for research but Google Shopping is becoming a commercial site.
From the Google blog

"Today we’re announcing a new initiative to improve our shopping experience over time--so that shoppers (your customers) can easily research purchases, compare different products, their features and prices, and then connect directly with merchants to make their purchase.

Google Shopping

First, we are starting to transition Google Product Search in the U.S. to a purely commercial model built on Product Listing Ads. This new product discovery experience will be called Google Shopping and the transition will be complete this fall. We believe that having a commercial relationship with merchants will encourage them to keep their product information fresh and up to date. Higher quality data—whether it’s accurate prices, the latest offers or product availability—should mean better shopping results for users, which in turn should create higher quality traffic for merchants.

We’re giving merchants a few months to transition to this new model, and we’re also offering some incentives:

All merchants who create Product Listing Ads by August 15, 2012 will automatically receive a monthly credit for 10% of their total Product Listing Ad spend through the end of 2012; and
Existing Google Product Search merchants can receive $100 AdWords credit toward Product Listing Ads if they fill out a form before August 15, 2012.
Ranking in Google Shopping, when the full transition is complete this fall, will be based on a combination of relevance and bid price--just like Product Listing Ads today. This will give merchants greater control over where their products appear on Google Shopping. Over time they will also have the opportunity to market special offers such as “30% off all refracting telescopes.”

In addition, merchants who want to stand out from the crowd can choose to participate in our new Google Trusted Stores program. Google Trusted Stores is a badge for e-commerce sites which gives users background on merchants—whatever their size—including ratings for on-time shipping and customer service. Google stands behind merchants that have earned the Google Trusted Stores badge with a $1,000 lifetime purchase protection guarantee per shopper."

There is more but basically they are turning it into adwords for shopping. Great information from your niche research method, Thank You ;)

Checked out both deep fryer and deep fryers. If you add up the PR of sites on the first page of Google results you get 25 and 29. They say the total of PR results should be below 30 for you to rank easily. Also, many of the sites are not backlinked at all which is also a good sign.

I use Firefox SEO plugin to checkout the PR and backlink results.

I used KeywordBlaze, a paid keyword tool. You can use any keyword tool, free or paid, like Google Kw Tool, MarketSamurai, Jaaxy or MicroNicheFinder or anything to achieve similar results.
Hey I was thinking of buying keyword research tool, maybe Market Samurai. I understand how useful it can be for SEO, what would you guys have to say about keyword research for PPC?

Do they still help a lot? When I look at the KeywordBlaze screenshot, I thought the CPC can sort of help determining you bidding price. In regards to building your own keyword list, are they of any use?

Checked out both deep fryer and deep fryers. If you add up the PR of sites on the first page of Google results you get 25 and 29. They say the total of PR results should be below 30 for you to rank easily. Also, many of the sites are not backlinked at all which is also a good sign.

I use Firefox SEO plugin to checkout the PR and backlink results.

banners
Back