The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do you optimize your landing pages?

crysper

Hey Zac,

I'm curious if you use a specific technique to optimize your LPs. How many variations do you test when starting a campaign?

Have you tried multi-variate testing for high traffic pages?

Thanks a lot

Hey Zac,

I'm curious if you use a specific technique to optimize your LPs. How many variations do you test when starting a campaign?

Have you tried multi-variate testing for high traffic pages?

Thanks a lot

Landing pages convert different for different demographics. I think understanding the mindset of your target audience is the key to optimizing the landing pages.

Although most of the points below are common sense to many I would go by these while optimizing the landing pages.

1. Is the landing page loading quickly and does not hang up because of some fancy flash or script?
2. Does the landing page look professional and yet pleasing to the eyes?
3. Does it have flashing images or marquee text ? (Either of them not advisable)
4. Is the message crystal clear and straight to the point?
5. Can I put some proof or testimonials on the landing page for results being promised? (Not always possible)
6. Is the call to action above the fold? (Highly recommended)
7. Can a short video be apt to demonstrate what they are going to receive after call to action?
8. Can I give a preview about the offer on the other side of the landing page? (To build trust)
9. Following left to right rule: An image or video on the left....call to action on the right.
An image or video on the left...some bullets in the center....and call to action on the right.
An image or video on the left...some bullets on the right.....and call to action below the content but above the fold.
10. Split testing the above variations.

Hope this helps a bit.

Hey guys and gals!

neerajkulkarni is on the right track, this is pretty much what guide I like to follow.

Plus when running large volume such as 4k/day to my LP, I like testing one variation at a time so you can see what performs better.

Thanks!

Hey guys and gals!

neerajkulkarni is on the right track, this is pretty much what guide I like to follow.

Plus when running large volume such as 4k/day to my LP, I like testing one variation at a time so you can see what performs better.

Thanks!

Some people use rotator scripts and send traffic randomly to all of the variations of landing pages. I haven't gone to that level yet. Maybe sometime in the coming days.

Hi neerajkulkarni!

The tool I use to rotate my LP's is Affportal bevomedia tracker. It's free and easy to use. Even can drill down and see what variations performs better.

Good luck!

banners
Back