The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

how do you get to top ten on web pages?

the most important thing you'll learn is that it won't happen overnight.

I gotta start working on optimizing my site or I'm gonna be at PR 2 forever.

Hello Gillian,

Your will find answers to your question here, but you have to work on your site PR.

Welcome here.
:apple:
Lovely

Hi Gillian,

Welcome to the world of webmasters. If you are still interested in trying something new, money back guaranteed why not PM me? That means Private Mail on this forum.

And we can talk about it.

Duke said:
Ya but are they of equal importance?

NO.

PR is almost irrelevant with regard ranking position. Before you all throw stones at me, let me explain.

PR (page Rank) is simply a mathematical calculation of the value of the links pointing to you. The keyword here is 'value' numerical value, and nothing else. So if you have a PR10 page about web design pointing to your page about gardening with the anchor text of 'click here' then you get the same pr transfer as if your page was about anything else. The content has ne effect at all on your ranking.

The most important elements in SEO are, page title & Anchor text in links, closely followed by content on the page. Get these three elements right, and you will be well on your way to good rankings.

Back to the gardening page: Same link from the same page, but with the anchor text of 'gardening tips' then you are well on the way to ranking for gardening tips. It is the 'content' of the link that matters more than the link itself. In the google algo there are three parts to a link. The anchor page, the target page, and the link anchor text. The anchor text works as a bridge between the pages.

So if your page was titled 'gardening tips' and the anchor text coming in said 'gardening tips' and the content on the page was all about 'gardening tips' then , like I said, your well on your way.

There is obviously a lot more to SEO that those few things, but that is the basic essential that should be in place.

I'm a little lost on the whole "anchor text" idea. I guess thats why Google can't define my site the way I want it.

I actually understand that OWG, I'm just not sure where I bury it in the site to get google to read it.

Is it hidden text or not?

Sorry, I should have posted my question much more clearer, and prolly in the Google forum as well. :oops:

Perhaps you're buried in the whole, "Sandbox" debacle... :blue:

Have yet to see that on any of my new sites/pages in 5 years.

Duke said:
I actually understand that OWG, I'm just not sure where I bury it in the site to get google to read it.

Is it hidden text or not?

Sorry, I should have posted my question much more clearer, and prolly in the Google forum as well. :oops:

Hi Duke,

Understanding what is meant by 'anchor text' is a common problem. The anchor text use within your site should be used mainly in your navigation anchors. So you link to your page about family supprt with the text 'family support' You link to your sectiona about apples with the anchor text 'Apples'. What you don't do is sacrifice usability in the navigation for the sake of good anchor text. E.G. anchor text of 'the best family support forum on the internet' is not going to cut it with your users. But the words 'family support Forum' as opposed to just 'Forum' as anchor text will make a difference and is perfectly acceptable.

Anchor text is MOST effective when it is used from EXTERNAL links pointing IN to your site. This is what most people talk about when speaking about optimised anchor text. Hopefully the example I gave originally now makes more sense.

One thing though, NEVER hide anything on your pages ESPECIALLY links. It is a fast route to a ban.

One thing though, NEVER hide anything on your pages ESPECIALLY links. It is a fast route to a ban.
Or you can at best lose you hard earned PR
Like we say, Easy does it. :)

banners
Back