Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How Do You Find Your Audience?

Rob

Rob
affiliate
I'm terrible at keyword research.

I even need help to identify "buyer keywords."

But, even if I were to identify the keywords that visitors are searching to buy something,
WHO the hell are the visitors? Who are the people searching???

Now, I know enough about Aff. Marketing to know that I can go over to Quantcast, put in the
domain, and see the demographics of the visitors, but Quantcast has changed and I couldn't
figure out the new system so now I'm completely lost.

Can anyone help because i really need to find out how you guys get this ionformation so I
know HOW to do it.

Please help.

Thank you : )
Rob

Sorry guys. : /

I hadn't realized i was posting my question in my "introduction."

My name is Rob and I've been in Aff. Marketing for 10 years.

Although I've learned a lot, i just have too many questions about this stuff,
and I'm not good at doing a lot of the stuff IM's need to do to get traffic
and sales.

But I'm also here to help if I see someone I know I could help.

Nice meeting you, thanks.

Rob

Hi Rob,
Welcome to the Fix. If you want to learn more about keyword research, I believe you first need to truly understand the art of finding niches to market to. You may say, "well I want to market to the dating niche". I would say, "that is too broad a niche". I would then remind you that drilling down in a niche gives you a far greater accuracy for developing your keyword and niche profitability.

There are an abundance of keyword research tools out there. I've used many over the years and continue to use more than one to help develop my keyword lists. Longtail Pro, Keyword Scout, Market Samurai, and many others can give you many keyword recommendations and research. I even have a program, or two, that are specific to Kindle Research. All of the data these products give you also come with a fair amount of information on how to make the most of them starting with niche research. Without your niche properly identified, you cannot properly do any keyword research.

So my question to you is, have you developed your own personal skills of niche identification and profitability projections?

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

Yes I have developed some personal skills.

I have six or seven sites and I'm familiar with finding
a niche, but it never goes anywhere cuz I don't
have the talent for finding the right keywords.

Longtail is best, yes.

But again, "who" is doing the searching?

Last week I tried Quantcast and couldn't figure out
where to put my domain.

Any other good analysis sites?

Hi, and thank you for your reply.

Yes I have developed some personal skills.

I have six or seven sites and I'm familiar with finding
a niche, but it never goes anywhere cuz I don't
have the talent for finding the right keywords.

Longtail is best, yes.

Yes, longtail keywords are very good and cost less if you select the right ones. It's all about data collection. You will get performance information on your keywords as you go so that you can build up successful keywords and eliminate the losers. You learn, through this process, to refine and dial in on the performing keywords.

But again, "who" is doing the searching?

It really doesn't matter who they are as long as they are performing. If they are clicking offers, signing up to an email list, clicking banners, etc., then they are performing.

Last week I tried Quantcast and couldn't figure out where to put my domain.

Well, if you are going there to check your own domains, you do that at the front page of the site. If it doesn't provide the data for your site, it's due to a lack of traffic info on that site.

Any other good analysis sites?

Okay, analysis sites. There are analytical sites like SpyFu that will give you demographic and keyword insights of an ad budget of a competitor. You can download a competitors keywords too. There an abundance of analytical tools to look at your own data and your competitors data. However, before using tools like them, use a simple keyword tool like Google to learn to find and properly use keywords.

For example, using associated keywords in posts and articles is less competitive and therefore less costly when using the keywords in PPC and other paid traffic sources. This way, you can get people to your site for less money. Example, when I run a keyword PPC campaign for a reverse osmosis site, I use associated keywords I collect from Adwords Analyzer, Market Samurai, and Longtail Keyword Pro. I start the search for my associated keywords with the primary and highly competitive keyword in the niche, but the actual keywords I use are the suggested additional keywords I develop with these programs. I then place all of the secondary and tertiary keywords in posts, pages, and articles on my own sites and other sites to drive traffic.

Keywords are simply words that we search, can be found in searches, can be found in content, can be found and used to dial in our advertising, etc. Do you have a plan for using keywords?

Hi.

Thank you for the great info.

I'll be staying away from PPC though. i lost my shirt and pants tryin that crap.

Obviously I hadn't done the proper setup needed to make money from it. Maybe later when I'm doing things the right way like your suggestions.

I'm getting help from a guy on fiverr for my next site.

He's getting me all setup to receive traffic right away. Don't know how, but when I start seeing traffic, I can then implement what you are telling me to do... Then PPC would probably work.

Thank you for the lesson tjtutor, it really helps.

i will start focusing on the keyword tools you suggested.

MI
Back