The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How do you cope with the stress of affiliate marketing?

What curbs the stress the most for you?

• Exercise/Working out

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Reading

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Sports

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Listening to music

• Watching TV/movies

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gaming

• Other

• Total voters

kenaki

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
I have a lot of friends who do stressful jobs, some of these include a nurse, a head chef, solicitor, all (I imagine) very stressful jobs, no argument, so it comes as no surprise that when I complain about being stressed I pretty much get laughed at, but these people don't understand the effects losing thousands of dollars in a matter of hours can have on you because they have never done it, they will say "What is so stressful about being sat in front of a computer all day", so needless to say I do not get a great amount of tips about how to deal with the stress of being an affiliate.

I choose to read, be it informative books like "how to win friends and influence people", or one of the many manga books from my extensive collection (Tokyo Ghoul is just unrivalled I'm afraid), but I would be interested to hear what you affiliates, and publishers and affiliate managers etc do to curb the stress of the brutal world of affiliate marketing?

@tyoussef

Tony Robbins, the man the legend, good call. I also like to listen to Eric Thomas, although it kind of feels like your getting shouted at, but in a good way :D

Drink heavily lol.

No but on a serious note just the things you've listed really. Work out in the morning before I log on then im ready for the day ahead. I listen to music throughout the day and take regular breaks. I make sure I get enough sleep also.

I work from home so i have a lot of freedom. Spending time with family and friends is very important to keep sane I think

@JakeMA I wondered when that one would pop up lol, and I agree, I'm lucky enough to have 2 little boys who take my mind off affiliate marketing and put it on to things like being the referee in their unsanctioned boxing match on the kitchen table and watching episodes of Pokemon back to back ;)

After extensive analysis, different people deal with stress differently, and there is no one solution for everyone, but I have found in life my stress coping strategy is as follows:

1. Exercise at the gym every other day: I used to work out 6 days a week, and sure I was cut, but I was exhausted every day, would get sick like once a month, it was wearing me down, so I switched to every other day, usually 3 days a week, and now I'm in pretty good shape and have enough energy to live my life. Running especially, listing to music on the treadmill is a great stress reliever.

2. Read / Study: On the days I don't work out, I study! Reading, online courses, something that exercises the brain. It's crucial that what you study / read isn't related to your normal day job / work. You don't want to just burn out on the same topic all day, you need to switch it up, but I find when I read or study new things, I'm able to get a new perspective on my normal daily activities and sleep better.

3. Balanced Diet: I try to eat a clean diet, no soda, no fried or greasy foods, keep it balanced with vegetables, protein, bread for every meal every day. Consistency is very important! You don't just change your car's oil one time and think that last forever. Your body needs constant maintenance.

4. Get Rest: It will really improve your daily life if you get a good night's sleep, and you should really try to prioritize this.

Your health should really be a priority in your life, and many people make excuses for why they don't have time for these things, but if you want a better life, MAKE TIME!

Well said @Shem Weissman, I've got to say I am guilty of a couple of these things, mostly the balanced diet, although I do try to stick to a diet there are days when I, lets say "skip" it, but I agree with everything you say, mind and body are one, you can't have a healthy mind without a healthy body and vice versa, this is very important, thanks for your input :)

For me stress goes hand in hand with anxiety so if I get stressed out a LOT then = anxiety. To combat that I exercise, and when that doesn't work (as most stress/anxiety is a mental process) I like to listen to meditation and Brendon Burchard - his "everything will be alright even if your life sucks in this very moment" approach is not only realistic but helpful to just hear someone say it.

Hey there! As for me, the way I cope up with stress in affiliate marketing and all things in general is to stay positive always, have faith in God that He will help you through, and continue to do the things I love to do...:)

For me stretch runs as an inseparable unit with nervousness so in the event that I get worried a LOT then = tension. To battle that I work out, and when that doesn't work (as most anxiety/uneasiness is a mental procedure) I jump at the chance to listen to reflection and Brendon Burchard - his "beginning and end will be okay regardless of the possibility that your life sucks in this exact instant" approach is sensible as well as accommodating to simply hear somebody say it.

banners
Back