The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How do I know when to block a sub id?

jefferydean

affiliate
I've been running a campaign for nearly three weeks and it is just about profitable. I was wondering how many clicks should I have before I block sub ids? I'm using Peerfly and should I block it by sub id 2 or sub id 3?

if you have low volume from a subID, block it because chances are pretty high that it could be fraudlent clicks.

What platform are you using? I would always wait for at least 100clicks.

Sounds like you are using 7Search. If that's the case, I would suggest waiting until you get around 100 clicks before blacklisting. You can blacklist the entire affiliate/source by blacklisting the combined #AFFID###-###RID### (SubID2-SubID3).

Thanks!

I think this could be one area where I have made a mistake in my 7Search campaigns. I have blocked subid's that have had far less than 100 clicks :/ To be fair though, most of my campaigns have suffered from fairly poor volume, so it has been rare for sub-id's to reach higher click volumes, even when the campaign has been running a week or two. In those circumstances I guess it is not possible to make an accurate decision about whether a sub-id is "bad" or not?

100? Hmm... I never waited that long. Should give it a try.

And also, move this to PPC section guys

I have been blocking when average cost per click multiplied by number of clicks equals my payout. Which is about 23 clicks for me. Seems to have been working well so far.

Okay I contacted my assignment account manager and bam it was done this time :D

In other news I got my first 2 conversions on 7search. It's a $3 payout :D

I've spent about $12 to make $6 so far. This is my first campaign ever and I'm super excited :D

Okay I contacted my assignment account manager and bam it was done this time :D

In other news I got my first 2 conversions on 7search. It's a $3 payout :D

I've spent about $12 to make $6 so far. This is my first campaign ever and I'm super excited :D

Nice, good luck pushing into profitability :)

MI
Back