The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How do I get started in PPC?

The best way is always by testing campaigns.

I suggest social PPC (Facebook and PoF) as the first traffic sources, but this isn't a hard rule, you can choose others if you prefer.

Get organized, define your schedule, prepare your budget, study and research as much as you can and then take action.

The most valuable lessons are the ones you will learn in the practice.

Nothing beats trying it out. Sign up for 7Search or get a BING voucher to test it out at low cost. Of cos you will need to know keyword research etc. This is what I did as a newbie.

whats the easiest way to learn and get started in PPC please?

Learning by doing is the best - that's how I started. Starting out with BING, Facebook, POF and even 7 Search can give you a rough idea of how it works ... but ultimately you really want to concentrate on Google Adwords as they have around 90% of the good PPC traffic out there.

Their free Adwords Editor tool is also plain awesome to manage and build out campaigns. Most of the other platforms dont have that so you will spend a lot more time cranking out campaigns when on Adwords it can take you like a fifth of the time.

Also remember: the most important metric in PPC for the platform itself is CTR, the higher that number the more favourable terms you get (lower costs per click, higher positions, higher quality scores, etc) ... whereas your most important metric is ROI. Keep that in mind ;)

Nick

The most important is use limited keywords to start, to make the most of your initial budget and learn the most from your early efforts. Use specific terms that describe specific products.

banners
Back