The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How did you deal with cashflow issues when starting out?

tabo603

affiliate
Ok last question and again thanks I really appreciate you doing this and all the content you provide on your blog.

Last year I was promoting an affiliate offer on FB but had to wait about a month and a half to get paid. Because of this, I had tapped out all my funds and couldn't continue advertising despite at the time being able to make around 100% ROI.

This stopped me in my tracks and by the time I received the money and got back to advertising the bid prices had gone up and my conversions weren't nearly as high as they were prior to running out of cash.

I know it may be straight simple and a dumb question, like have more cash reserves, but I'd still be curious to know how you handled cashflow issues when you started out? And if you didn't then how did other affiliates you've talked to handled this issue?

Thanks Charles

Hi Tabo

You have to read the blog of Charles Ngo!

Here is what he did when he was in a simialr situation: charlesngo.com/the-rise-of-ngo-chapter-5

- Some networks will give weekly wires with a very low minimum threshold, or even none. Communicate. Tell them you're having cashflow issues and will have to pause the campaign soon. If they can send out the wire early, then you can promise them your traffic in the future.

- Get a credit card with high limit. My cash-flow issues went away when I got an American Express plum card with unlimited credit. Make sure you only use the card for PROFITABLE campaigns. It would totally suck to have a failed campaign and credit card debt on top of that.

- You just gotta hustle man. Sell what you don't need, cut expenses, and do whatever you can to get more cash. I wrote articles on WickedFire for $15 a pop and I borrowed money from people.

MI
Back