The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can I find affiliates to bring leads to my Website

cashflowsyndrome

affiliate
Not sure where to post this please let me know if its in the wrong place

First of all i'm a newbie in this business.

I'm a real estate investor looking to expand my business through he internet.

I'm looking to find a few of affiliate that can bring us a lot leads for our real estate website.

I just need to know where and how i can start looking for people like that and how should i approach them.

Welcome to 5 Star. Your post is in the right place and so are you. :)
We can probably help.

You said: "First of all i'm a newbie in this business...

I'm looking to find a few of affiliate that can bring us a lot leads for our real estate website..."

So my 1st question is do you have an affiliate program set up yet? Do you have tracking software, banners and links for affiliates and everything else you need BEFORE you start trying to get affiliates??? If so what tracking solution are you using?

Or since you said you are new to this, do you not have anything at all set up and need to know where to start.

So just need to find out a little more about where you are at and be sure you are at a point to even start looking for affiliates.

Also please clarify "leads for our real estate website". Since you are an investor, I'm not real sure about the specific type of leads you are looking for - sellers??? Also do you know how much you plan to pay out? Just trying to get enough info to give a more informed answer.

Thanks,

Thank you for taking the time to help me on this.

here is a brief explanation what we are trying to do.

We got 2 websites.

1) is for Teaching Real Estate Investment. There will be a sale for these classes. and every class sold we will pay $1000

2) is to bring buyers for our real estate houses that we have on our inventory.
For every house sold through the list that was built through our web marketing partner. We will pay $1000

I dont know if this sounds appealing or not for internet marketers or affiliates.

About the Setup. I was thinking in having only a mini website per affiliate. and if they sign up we will know from which site came from.

I'm not looking for a huge # of affiliates. I'm looking for a few affiliates that we will be able to work together so they can make their money and i'll be able to expand my business.

Hope that this will clarify.

I know that it might sound off from your point of view. I'm really have no clue how affiliate market works. i have a simple basic knowledge. so hoppe i can learn a lot from you.

I'm wide open to any suggestions and ideas to make this work.

Oh that background helps alot. Thank you. Now I have a better feel for where you are at. I had a feeling when you asked how to find affiliates that you were not quite at that stage yet.

$1,000 payouts are BIG so you should have no problems attracting a few good affiliates. However giving them a mini website is not a good idea for a variety of reasons. I can go into more detail if you really need it.

BUT even if you gave then their own site - you still need some type of affiliate tracking software. The software lets them log in to get banners and tracking code, then tracks which visitor they send to which offer and who buys. It even tracks if the affiliate sends you someone interested but they shop around and come back 2 weeks later.

So before you can get affiliates you need to build the infrastructure to support them. Good affiliates will look to be sure you have a solid foundation before they give you any traffic.

Before I go any further in explaining things I need to ask you a question to determine if you are even ready for an affiliate program.

What are your current conversion rates on 1) Classes and 2) Attracting buyer leads. This may be confidential - if so feel free to PM me.

However if you don't know what your conversion rates are, have never gotten any leads for #1 or #2 yet OR have really low conversion rates, then thinking about an affiliate program is not advisable at this point. You would need to do some PPC testing and optimization before you start an affiliate program.

Let me know your conversion rates and then I'll know the best next step to suggest.

Or easier yet, call me to discuss. I give alot more info for free then I can type due to carpal tunnel pain. I don't do paid consulting any more I just do free consultations to help people get started.

Just wanted to add, this is where I wish I had an audio set up. So I could SPEAK my post instead of typing it. I can talk for 45 minutes explaining all this, but to try to type answers for each type of situation that comes up is just really hard.

Building an affiliate program is sort of like building a house. Its like a puzzle that all goes together but the way you pour the foundation depends on the type of house you want. If you pour the foundation according the the plan for everything else to come together. And certain things need to be done in a certain order to work.

Many times merchants come here saying "I want a house."

Starting an affiliate program is not all that complicated - but like building your 1st house it can be confusing if you don't know what you are doing and dont understand the steps.

Sorry all I can type for tonight.

MI
Back