The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How can I check bad links?

You could try linkdelete DOT com it has a free tool that checks links and lets you know how many toxic links your site has, what the anchor text ratios are and additional information.

I use it when I am buying sites for my PBN to gauge the quality of the domain.

Monitor back-links, ahrefs & back-link checker. All three of them are really useful in attaining and analysing a business website.

Use Ahrefs to check your overall backlinks profile. Then to sort out backlinks do the following:

1) Check to see if there are many sitewide links. That is, many many links originating from one website.
2) Check If many of the links to your site all comes from the same IP or subnet
3) Check if the links has too much commercial anchor texts
4) Check also if they're from non-English websites

Remove any of those aforemetioned backlinks by submitting them to Google using their link disavow option in their webmaster tool.

To check bad or broken links of your website, you can try some tools. Such as : Xenu Link Sleuth, Screaming Frog SEO Spider, Google Webmaster Tools etc.

I think the best way to check all the links manually that are coming to your website. You can download all the inbound links from GWT or other backlink checkers, and start analysing all the links. Create an excel file of toxic links that are damaging your position, disavow them.

There are tools that are used for Optiization and traffic generation. Most of the tools today have the feature of checking the baclinks. You can therefore be able to check the backlinks. You can also serach for the dedicated softwares that are used to handle the baclinks. I am sure they will give you detailed information that any other tools. Will send you the oes that I use.

MI
Back